• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hype1234

Reaction score
US Sizing on P&B.

Thank you. But now this is messing with me. I bought some McNairy's a few months ago (not from PnB) and the box clearly says UK 8, US 9. However, the PnB page says that they convert a UK 8.5 to a US 9, which doesn't really make sense. If I order these US 9, I should get a box that says UK 8, US 9. If I buy these I can't imagine they're going to send me a box that's UK 8.5, US 9.5.

artishard116

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
plokhov 40% off fw12. have to email the studio to check availability.

Last edited:

matty long legs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In my opinion, Rapha is nice but way overpriced.

Tadite

Reaction score
That Drake's popup sounds rocking.

Man I need to live in NYC! Would have liked to get a chance at a silk scarf.

Last edited:

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Rapha has been tweeting a code, T8EU25, for 30% off their merino base layers this week (up to the 14th). That's cheaper than their bundle price if I'm doing the math correctly. Their V-Necks Tees are good right?

In my opinion, Rapha is nice but way overpriced.

I have a long relationship w/ Rapha goods (my team was sponsored by them for the last three years) and after having ridden in all kinds of bike kit for dozens of years, I can say emphatically that most of what Rapha makes is massively nicer than 90% of what the rest of the cycling world puts out.

-Baselayers are excellent. On par w/ Icebreaker and nicer than Smartwool. Cut for cycling, so longer in back and shorter in front, which makes them less than ideal to wear casually (Icebreaker gets the nod there) but in terms of fit, hand and performance, they rock. Well worth the price, esp. at 30% off.
-All hardshell and softshell layers are awesome. I will gladly elaborate on the ones I own/have used in PM if any one cares for that info.
-City Riding collection has some fantastic pieces. I find all their items in this category to fit better than any of the Outlier stuff I've tried (seriously weird fits there IMO) even tho I love what Outlier are doing and some of the fabrics they are using.

/end cycling derailment...

akatsuki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have a long relationship w/ Rapha goods (my team was sponsored by them for the last three years) and after having ridden in all kinds of bike kit for dozens of years, I can say emphatically that most of what Rapha makes is massively nicer than 90% of what the rest of the cycling world puts out.
-Baselayers are excellent. On par w/ Icebreaker and nicer than Smartwool. Cut for cycling, so longer in back and shorter in front, which makes them less than ideal to wear casually (Icebreaker gets the nod there) but in terms of fit, hand and performance, they rock. Well worth the price, esp. at 30% off.
-All hardshell and softshell layers are awesome. I will gladly elaborate on the ones I own/have used in PM if any one cares for that info.
-City Riding collection has some fantastic pieces. I find all their items in this category to fit better than any of the Outlier stuff I've tried (seriously weird fits there IMO) even tho I love what Outlier are doing and some of the fabrics they are using.
/end cycling derailment...

Agreed - way better stuff than Assos for example which is just as expensive, but is the same lycra crap everyone else is selling. Frankly I have never regretted buying a Rapha jersey.

Not sure about the newer stuff that is coming in that copies off of the Rapha wool thing, like SAS, etc.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads