• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WhiteFox

Reaction score
well I am going to wreck the thread with another customs story.
I just got hit with customs on a purchase from LN-CC. I was surprised by that because I asked by email about it specifically before buying and they responded "As we now transact in US dollars and on a DDP basis the price on the website is the final price. You should not receive any extra charge from DHL or customs prior to your delivery." Their website says the same thing.
I emailed LN-CC a few days ago about the customs bill and haven't heard back. I am assuming this is an honest mistake on their part and maybe they haven't gotten back to me because of time difference + weekend + they haven't heard back from DHL.
I will let you know if they make this right, or if they don't. I am hoping they can get this sorted out because LN-CC is one of the few webstores that sells anything that I want. I would like to buy from them again.
I wish they would just ship by Royal Mail......
Keep us updated, I'm real interested in what they have to say. By the way, does anyone know if LN-CC takes off VAT?

Last edited:

dotcomzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why set on buying from a store? So many ppl flip their bn apc's on b&s sufu or the bay you should be able to cop for around a bill no prob.

When does unionmade start the post xmas markdown on their outerwear/sweater stock? Do they have a legit sale or is it mostly itsybitsy markdown type stuff?

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think last year it was mid-January for Unionmade. They might have had markdowns before that, but I went back and looked and that was when I placed my order.

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Definetly waiting for that Unionmade sale, been eyeing alot there lately.

Todd V

Reaction score

Why set on buying from a store? So many ppl flip their bn apc's on b&s sufu or the bay you should be able to cop for around a bill no prob.
When does unionmade start the post xmas markdown on their outerwear/sweater stock? Do they have a legit sale or is it mostly itsybitsy markdown type stuff?

It is legit but it certainly does not include everything.

Brattman

Reaction score
Speaking of Dutil a couple pages back, do they usually do online boxing day sales, or is it just in store?

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
More drops on Yoox.

jeannoob

Reaction score

Speaking of Dutil a couple pages back, do they usually do online boxing day sales, or is it just in store?

Not sure if they'll do an online boxing day sale, but they have had a sale in-store every year.

DesignerValet

Reaction score

quick question... has anyone seen any Rimowa suitcases on sale anywhere? I want to get one for my Mom for Christmas. I remember last year Barney's had them really on sale but maybe it was just because it was later in the season as I can't really remember when I saw them. Any help would be appreciated. Thx :nodding:

I'm not sure about the garbage polycarbonate, but you can get the standard aluminum Rimowa for 40%(ish) off by ordering from a German vendor. Koffer-direkt charges a flat 50 euros for all orders to the US and they speak English.

Last edited:

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thx DV.. I'll check it out!

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've never been hit with customs duties but I have been wondering... how the hell do they enforce them? If you don't pay the bill for $20, $30, $40 whatever in duties what do they do send the repo guy after you to take your CP's?!!

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've never been hit with customs duties but I have been wondering... how the hell do they enforce them? If you don't pay the bill for $20, $30, $40 whatever in duties what do they do send the repo guy after you to take your CP's?!!

That's what I asked but no one gave me an answer. I assume they might pass it on to a collection agency, but I doubt they would for 20 USD I don't think it would make financial sense.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics