1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Official Sales Alert thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Jun 22, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Hype1234

Hype1234 Senior member

edit: didn't see you made the dollar conversion

Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
  2. mcdecker1

mcdecker1 Senior member

anyone familiar with massdrop.com (i'm not affiliated with them). Basically you vote on items you want to purchase and then group buy for a discount. Some great stuff on there!

3. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

Everything I want in my wishlist at TheCorner is still same price lol

1 person likes this.
  4. ImaPro

ImaPro Senior member

Same here did see any drops

5. Vicious49

Vicious49 Senior member

Picked up a pair of Grensons for $118. Figure if I don't like them in person I can always send them back.

6. Chubbs

Chubbs Senior member

So what kind of stuff can you buy through them?

7. doomtop

doomtop Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
  8. Keoke

Keoke Senior member

9. JezeC

JezeC Senior member

It saddens me to look at these great deals offered by these international retailers due to the possibility of duty fees, which can potentially render good deals into expensive and regretful purchases.

10. arlstine

arlstine Well-Known Member

They have all sorts of drops, but the deals are hit or miss based on participation. I buy a lot of my higher end audio gear and gadgets on Massdrop, never scoped out their clothing related buys. We might be able to initiate some sweet group buys if we put our heads together though, not sure.

11. Regg

Regg Senior member

you sure you're not affiliated with them? looks like it's all crap for not very good prices. not sure why you would post it here

12. arlstine

I made a reply in reference to a previous post about them. Hell, my reply even basically said that I didn't realize they did group buys on clothes.

Edit: took out a sentence, because there's no need for hostility.

13. Regg

Regg Senior member

oops, then direct that at the other guy. still, looks like crap with set discounts.

14. arlstine

If you're careful, you can get some pretty solid buys, but yeah I can go to Amazon and snag most of the shit on that site for similar prices. Not to mention shipments in these group buys often take ages to reach your doorstep.

Edit: For the sake of getting us back on track here. Not sure how much attention you guys pay to Lyonstate, but there are still some solid pieces left. http://www.lyonstate.com/collections/sale

WWM Expo cords for $100 in near all sizes - http://www.lyonstate.com/collections/sale/products/expo-chino-pant-corduroy
    W+H Indigo crew - http://www.lyonstate.com/collections/sale/products/indigo-terry-crewneck
    W+H Grunge cloth parka - http://www.lyonstate.com/collections/sale/products/grunge-cloth-hunting-parka

15. prurient

prurient Senior member

I love that Alden via that Italian shop at 50% are only 20/30% off compared to Leffot/Unionmade prices. I could have them mailed home to my mom and pick them up in May but it doesn't seem like a particularly good deal.

16. momentoftruth

momentoftruth Senior member

FWIW the site I linked to marked down the product to a negligible value so no customs bill (unless that's not how it works? I'm kind of clueless when it comes to these things)

17. who8mahrice

who8mahrice Senior member

Massdrop is starting to get in to raw denim. There's a poll for the next pair right now with Samurai 710's in the clear lead. Not sure how viable that'll really be, but hey, it's free to sign up and vote so who knows.

18. mcdecker1

mcdecker1 Senior member

yea, so the reason I mentioned it on here is because the more people buy an item , the better discount is available. Since you can vote on whatever items you want, it's basically a platform that organizes group buys.

Sure, there's a lot of crap on there. But there are also Rising Sun jeans for 33% off (because 10 people agreed to purchase), and the next vote on denim currently includes Samurais, Rogue Territory, RJB....

Edit: just saw above post, sorry if any repeat

19. jm22

jm22 Senior member

I was literally on yoox last night and checked my dreambox, then went to purchase an item from it this morning using the 10% code and it was sold out, along with 15 other items from my dreambox. None of them were big name designers and were available for months. Is that normal?

20. Ken P

Ken P Senior member

Well it's probably for the best man because that code expired yesterday anyways

Edit: that happened to me too, maybe they are moving things/preparing inventory for the sample sale?