• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alphataru

Reaction score
Yeah, unfortunately, you can't decrease the margins that allow them to stay in business even further.

I hate this time of year. Gonna buy some stuff at full price to compensate for the awful people in this thread.

No you're not.

wizzeak

Reaction score

Yeah, unfortunately, you can't decrease the margins that allow them to stay in business even further.

I hate this time of year. Gonna buy some stuff at full price to compensate for the awful people in this thread.

eddiemurphyyesnodapprov.gif

yeah... you go do that

endless402

Reaction score

Roden Gray is probably one of the wealthiest mens shop around.. the owner also owns wings and horns. So every wings sale he does is almost all profit.

didn't know he owned wings and horns as well.
his pricing on wings and horns isn't the best...

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haven Shop

Black Friday - Cyber Monday 15% OFF Code HAVENBLK15

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Roden Gray is probably one of the wealthiest mens shop around.. the owner also owns wings and horns. So every wings sale he does is almost all profit.

I know both the owner of Wings+Horns and the owner of Roden Gray, and unless the alter ego of a soft spoken, tall, middle aged white dude is a trashtalking, in shape, shorter Asian dude, this post is 100% faux.

habitant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I know both the owner of Wings+Horns and the owner of Roden Gray, and unless the alter ego of a soft spoken, tall, middle aged white dude is a trashtalking, in shape, shorter Asian dude, this post is 100% faux.

Rob owns a significant amount of stock in wings and horns..

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Rob owns a significant amount of stock in wings and horns..

Unless you are a vertically integrated company, you are not getting "pure profit" from anything. I don't know how much equity Rob has in CYC Corp, but he certainly is not the sole or even majority owner, which is what you implied. That said, Roden Gray has a great local clientele in Vancouver in the large, young, Chinese community

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I bought a mixture of full priced and sales goods. There isn't that much that I really need or even want right now, but I pulled the trigger on a RRL wool overshirt and some Y-3 intarsia double layered gloves at discount, but also bought a White Mountaineering work cap at full price. I think that the holiday season is a good time to pick up some stuff where the pricepoint was previously too steep for you, but on the other hand, if there is some newer stock that is still full priced, and you want it, it's better to get that than something that you want less, but seems like a better "deal".

msg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I bought a mixture of full priced and sales goods. There isn't that much that I really need or even want right now, but I pulled the trigger on a RRL wool overshirt and some Y-3 intarsia double layered gloves at discount, but also bought a White Mountaineering work cap at full price. I think that the holiday season is a good time to pick up some stuff where the pricepoint was previously too steep for you, but on the other hand, if there is some newer stock that is still full priced, and you want it, it's better to get that than something that you want less, but seems like a better "deal".

Totally agree. I was reacting more to the flurry of "****, I can't stack coupons for 95% off!" posts, the entitlement (see the Everlane thread, the Mauro-bashing, etc) that seems to appear regularly with certain posters and won't go away - the posters who are like herpes sores, in other words.

Sales Alert Thread is great. People don't have to lose perspective to save a few bucks, however.

Last edited:

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Companies play into the whole Black Friday cyber Monday sales, a quarter of their sales come from the month of November and December.

Retailers plan for this and it's not necessarily a bad thing for them.

Hype1234

Reaction score
Its just always been the case that the code stacks (says so on the affiliate thread). Maybe someday ill be able to pay full retail all the time when I'm not a student, but until then ill just have to slum it with the SF crew and embrace how "awful" I am.

HelloIDistance

Reaction score
Anyone know any vendors selling "Premium Winter CPs" in size 45 that isn't burgundy? Looking for anything, a sale would be nice too, but **** I can't seem to find any.

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Unless you are a vertically integrated company, you are not getting "pure profit" from anything. I don't know how much equity Rob has in CYC Corp, but he certainly is not the sole or even majority owner, which is what you implied. That said, Roden Gray has a great local clientele in Vancouver in the large, young, Chinese community

Thank you.

edit: That said, there's a lot of money behind the brand especially considering they have the Lululemon founder's kid involved now.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads