Official Sales Alert thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Jun 22, 2007.

1. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Yea, I just checked my previous myhabit order. Definitely went up $10. 59-> 69

2. bala555

bala555 Well-Known Member

Son of a bitch I missed the blue/green plaid Gitman shirt for the third time now.

3. mymil

mymil Senior member

YES. DONE.

...even though it's perfectly legal to remove those tags after you've purchased the mattress. It's only unlwaful pre-sale.

4. Regg

Regg Senior member

side-question, what's the deal with the ones with the tags that look like they say stussy?

5. jacket

jacket Senior member

finally snagged a gitman... though I agree, prices have been steadily climbing. May have to do with the regular price of gitman's though, the new stock is all msrp 200, while the old stuff was around 160 if I remember correctly

6. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

It's not 200 for the normal cloth, solid color shirts. Only the more interesting fabrics and designs.

7. lemmywinks

lemmywinks Senior member

FUCK ME I'VE ALWAYS WANTED THIS SHIRT

[​IMG]

Anyone know where I can kop come regular white Vans authentics for cheap? Which sites (that sell Vans) are notorious for having coupon codes?

8. 13k

13k Senior member

Fair warning: GV from myhabit in the past has some of its stock mixed with GV Sisters. The tags do not show this difference. The only way you'll find out is when looking at the cut & actually trying it on.

9. malikadog

malikadog Senior member

The Vans site itself always has codes, as do Primitve and WishATL.

10. malikadog

malikadog Senior member

Yeah I got one of the blue/green plaid shirts a few sales back, all stoked that I managed to snag one, and when I tried it on it was like a babies shirt! Couldn't even get through the arm holes!

11. Regg

Regg Senior member

Ah shit, I bought an xs a couple months ago and it was tiny, so I just bought a different shirt this time around in small, probably is gonna be too big...

12. Dingusberry

Dingusberry Senior member

The OCBD shirts are TTS, but the shirts that are made in interesting fabrics or plaided are usually Gitman Sisters.

13. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

while I know that they have shipped sisters shirts, saying "but the shirts that are made in interesting fabrics or plaided are usually Gitman Sisters." is incorrect. I would only be concerned if you bought the dark green/blue plaid. That is one of the common shirts they made for both men and women, and i think some sisters slipped into the guys shirts by accident. just dont want people to be scared they're getting a sisters in the mail from myhabit when odds are you wont.

unrelated to that, but i feel that gitman smalls the past couple seasons have been measuring smaller than they have in the past. in the chest, length, arm length, etc. I can no longer wear most of their smalls (in things outside of the oxford. tho, even the oxfords are inconsistently sized). Now kind of stuck in between a S and M, with a small being just slightly too small (pulling at the chest, too short in the body, and too short in the arms -- and I am not tall, and have kind of short arms to begin with). And a medium fitting too big. Hope they're tending to the "problem" (if they perceive it as a problem

for anyone in the same boat as me..... the portugese flannels this season fit pretty relaxed in a good way, and also the hopsack plaids. Everything else new i've tried has fit shrunken

14. 13k

13k Senior member

This discussion should probably go in the GV thread, but I agree with slack tide on this one. Not all of the plaids are sisters (hit and miss). And I've stopped buying GV smalls due to them shrinking over time. My oldest GV shirts are noticeably roomier than current cuts of the same size.

15. vezatron

vezatron Senior member