1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Official Sales Alert thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Jun 22, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Mehmet Korkmaz

Mehmet Korkmaz Senior member

Or maybe by asking, he'll increase the chances of it being picked up by someone here, and thus the chances of it ended up on B&S later. Something to consider as well!

I also would like to know if Suspension Point does any sales. Black Friday is this weekend, after all.

2. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

If we speaking specifically about TheCorner, you will loose out more money on B&S versus using the return policy. Why the original buyer would do that is beyond me.

B&S is a sad place right now, anyways.

3. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Ssense doesn't seem to be particularly cheap either, but they move tons of product at full retail.

IIRC Suspension Point's markdowns don't coincide with any particular event.

The people who picked up Rick that one time certainly made money from B&S/e-bay. :foo:

Last edited: Nov 25, 2013
  4. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

That was Rick, it is different

5. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

I got a good deal on Lanvin high-tpos on ssense... once.

6. Raindrop

Raindrop Senior member

Ssense is kind of overpriced..30% off is like normal price.

7. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I picked up a Dries van Noten belt, for $170, down from $285. Didn't even realize that that was a glitch until just now.

Ha!

Sorta "regret" not picking up Common Projects and some Dries gloves. But not really. I get enough stuff as is. Best to just pick and choose those things that I really want. I think that I need to pick up a new scarf, maybe an additional Schneider sweater if it goes on sale, and some new jeans, and a pair of Butteros I've had my eye on most of the season, and I'm pretty much done. Color scheme this season seems to be orange and blue and grey, which is pretty close to my color scheme every winter.

8. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Fok, have you handled Raeburn's outwear? Not much about the brand in general here.

9. LA Guy

I really like it. What do want to know? imo, it's like a lot of designer militaria and performance gear though, in that a little more care could be taken with durability - as much as is taken with the design. There is an old joke that the Italian Army is the best dressed army whose clothes fall apart, and while no one is going to wear Raeburn into the field (well, I might, if it was more up to heavy perfomance standards), it would be nice to see construction like heavy stitching at high stress areas. When you use heavy canvas or nylon ribbing, it's unlike the material is going to give, but even heavyweight thread will. You see this clunky but effective technique used by a lot of outdoor brands, but not by fashion brands like White Mountaineering, nor even brands like Master-Piece.

10. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

Are there any good brands that bridge that gap? Is there any specific reason these fashion-oriented brands don't go the extra mile and stitch their goddamn armpits up?

11. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

They got you bro

1 person likes this.
  12. LA Guy

There is no reason for them to so. The clothes are sold to fashion boutiques for a fashion customer.

Also, performance clothing is a very specialized field, and a lot of designers just don't have that type of background.

13. jet

jet Senior member

my guess is they'll have an end of season sale at the end of the season

you guys are doing it wrong, don't want anything and if it goes on sale then say oh look that thing i like is on sale then copcopcop

14. BostonHedonist

BostonHedonist Senior member

OMG everyone is always buying common projects. Do people buy a pair or two every year?

15. Wade

Wade Senior member

I buy multiples occasionally (the white or black all leather ones) because prices seem to go up every season now and if it's at a sale price, then it shouldn't be that hard to unload for the same price in b&s

16. hoodyear

hoodyear Senior member

COMMON projects

1 person likes this.
  17. Raindrop

Raindrop Senior member

I have a pair of black and white Achilles I never wear lol also a pair of mid tans

They look great but they're not that comfortable.

18. BostonHedonist

BostonHedonist Senior member

They seem well made but, honestly, they're kind of boring. I mean they're kind of like Italian leather Keds. That silly golden serial number has got to be getting old by now...

19. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

I dislike a lot of their models because of the stupid numbers. I find it barely passable on the sneakers. Haven't found a better alternative though.

20. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

How else would we let people know that we wear expensive minimalist shoes?

4 people like this.