1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Official Sales Alert thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Jun 22, 2007.

Tags:
  1. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

that blow dryer step will slow down your waxing regimen

1 person likes this.
  2. thecow

thecow New Member

Otter Wax made all of my clothing smell like playdoh...

3. hxh_killua

hxh_killua Senior member

It likely only works on certain types of fabric.

It made my jeans sticky like someone had spilled coke all over it and didn't give it any sheen. It does smell but I don't mind it. Fortunately, it sort of does wash off.

4. who8mahrice

who8mahrice Senior member

Aside from the one two post above me, any reviews for Otter Wax? I've been wanting to wax a jacket of mine for a while now and with 30% off and free shipping...

*edit* Ehh, decided to give it a go.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2013
  5. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

I've had a pretty stupid time with using Otter Wax on this bag I made, but I think it's my fault. Wax is just not an easy thing to work with when untrained and in unideal conditions.

Otter says to apply the wax, and then use a blow dryer and to work the wax into the fabric while it's hot. I tried this once on this bag, but I hadn't put on enough wax. Also I think I didn't use enough heat. You can't just point a blow dryer at a spot for a few second and then rub and move on like I did; I think you need to do it a few times. My bag was a. not particularly waterproof, b. pretty streaky, and c. still a little sticky.

So then, having left the house where there was a blow dryer I could use, I put more wax on the bag and then put the bag in the oven while it warmed up to get the wax to melt into the fabric a little better. Obviously, I couldn't rub it while it was in the oven, but when I pulled it out of the oven, the bag pretty much did not look waxed at all, which is weird, because I'd put a lot of wax on this time. I think I actually made the wax burn up or something. There's a spot or two on the bag that look legitimately waxed, and they don't feel waxy now. So the bag is now 5% waxed.

But thecow is right, and I hadn't realized before--Otter Wax does smell like Play Doh. I don't mind though. Don't know how it's gonna make all your clothes smell like wax unless you wax everything you own.

My short advice: Do it, but keep in mind DIY is always an experiment and often an adventure. If you apply wax and your garment isn't waterproof, apply more; if it's sticky, do more of the blowdryer+rubbing step. Don't use an oven.

6. althanis

althanis Senior member

I have a waxed coat - Millerain material - and it's basically a lint magnet. It looks horrible. Is that how all waxed stuff acts?

7. DesignerValet

DesignerValet Senior member

Some designer outlet stores have holiday-specific sales.

8. scamster

scamster Senior member

9. Regg

Regg Senior member

barneys warehouse drops today

30% off men's dress shirts/button downs and accessories
    blue star merchandise now 85% off - total steals for the little stuff that's left.

the email said this was the last weekend of the sale(not sure if the past years said the same even though they were eventually extended). shocked there was only one price drop so far

Last edited: Aug 30, 2013
  10. Ken P

Ken P Senior member

20% sale items at Maas and stacks code: SS13LASTCHANCE

11. cruvoir

cruvoir Well-Known Member

12. Freidegger

Freidegger Member

LABORDAY20 at Haberdash, valid for Aldens.

1 person likes this.
  13. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

Odd...shipping shows up as $25 regardless of whether you pick first-class or priority.

14. ImaPro

ImaPro Senior member

There is also a handling fee. I've bought there before and it wasnt there/

Last edited: Sep 1, 2013
  15. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

The website is a mess, what a joke of a shop. Since inception the store has been such a headache

2 people like this.
  16. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Senior member

Cruvoir is the worst. Terrible interface, and they spam your email like crazy if you ever make the mistake of signing up with no option to unsubscribe. I had to block them in order to stop the spam.

2 people like this.
  17. juven

juven Senior member

^^ Been thinking this ever since they began their daily drops on this thread. Got sucked in by the cool iPhone5 cases and when I realized they weren't actually "80% off," I felt shame.

18. cruvoir

cruvoir Well-Known Member

This should be fixed now. The three standard domestic options of $10 First Class, $25 Priority, and $35 Express.

There is no handling fee. The only charge is 4% upfront which is for credit cards or PayPal processing.

I think most will see a major improvement in ease of navigating after some new developments which are in the workings. We tried to do something a little different, and are very receptive to feedback in ways to improve and make easier.

Trying to improve the navigation and everything will be much clearer soon. Regarding the newsletter; YES this could be really annoying if you no longer wish to subscribe to the newsletter updates and so we will add to future newsletters is a clearly identifiable link to unsubscribe. Thanks for your feedback.

Since the additional rebate of 25% is on the sale price, the total maximum rebate is approx. 80% with 70% since this is the biggest discount our store is currently offering). Not every sale items is 70%, thus not every item will be 80% off. Thus the sale is up to 80% off.

19. onijo84

onijo84 Senior member

^ Why can't you just keep the website simple?

20. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Since we are giving out user experience comments, Cruvoir mobile site needs work

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 1, 2013
    1 person likes this.