1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Official Sales Alert thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Jun 22, 2007.

Tags:
  1. mer6

mer6 Senior member

Oh, shit, actually you're definitely right. I misread and thought they covered duties, but I think I've just been lucky, as they do say explicitly on the FAQ that they do not cover them.

2. Regg

Regg Senior member

Anyone check out barneys warehouse?

Lots of blue star, 75% off lowest marked price items, great prices if you can find stuff you like in your size.

For everything else, nothing too great that I saw, but I was mainly looking at size small. Lots of suiting in all sizes, lots of James Perse Tshirts that might be good buys towards the end of the sale, I can't imagine they'll sell them all before then.

Shoe selection is very weak, lots of Piattelli (same for sweaters). No good accessories, looked like a lot of Barneys in-house stuff. Some decent button downs, but I'll wait for further markdowns.

Denim, lots of naked and famous + rag and bone, plus a bunch of corduroy. Dress pants are always a mess to look through and it's no different this year.

XL+ people should go pick up a Woolrich parka for $99.

For now it's all about the blue star stuff imo, but I got there about 9:00 this morning and it's probably already picked over

3. meso

meso Senior member

In-store sale tomorrow at Gentry (up until like last week they called themselves HW Carter & Sons). It will probably be decent, they still had some nice inventory up when their website stopped working last week, with a lot of things still in-store only.

If anyone sees a red mr. freedom chambray in XL, snag it for me!

4. meso

meso Senior member

On another note, what is up with the name switch to Gentry?
    I'm afraid that they are going all "dressy casual" instead of the workwear they carried and produced as HW carter...

5. Mon Dieu

Mon Dieu Senior member

Aha......So this is who "Gentry" is. I thank you.

6. kindofyoung

kindofyoung Senior member

If anyone is going to that and could proxy something for me, do please pm

7. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

Curious to know what EG coats, if any, they're letting go for a hundred bucks.

8. El QUaG

El QUaG Senior member

Mate, avoid international conversion fees charged by banks and get a credit card from 28 Degrees (if you haven't done so already). It's a Mastercard, through GE Money. No account fees, no international currency conversion fees, but high interest rates (that's the catch, but there is still 45 days to make payment)!

Definitely worth applying if you're travelling and buy online. The conversion rates are incredibly competitive and by the second (not preset for the day like most banks). You will never want to pay through PayPal ever again (who I know for a fact, add 2% mark up for all international conversion rates).

9. calvinandhobbes

calvinandhobbes Active Member

im planning on going to this tomorrow. im not very familiar with the store or the brands though. if anyone wants me to proxy anything specific for them let me know

Last edited: Aug 22, 2013
  10. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

My Discover card also does not charge international conversion fees.

11. jet

jet Senior member

cap one is the best no foreign transaction fees, use it to cop my cigars as shady banks now charge for usd transactions but done overseas, such a scam

12. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Capital One's fraud prevention security is super vigilant. Every time I order from somewhere new overseas they freeze my account :foo:

13. jet

jet Senior member

ya but it gets better and it's worth it for the fees prevention and now reps are domestic instead of in the philippines, very helpful as well

their exchange rates are not a rip off either on foreign currency transactions, same as any other cc

just filed a dispute for a vegas transaction too, just click on the item on the summary page and click dispute, super easy

14. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

Desperately seeking yoox code.

Please respond

1 person likes this.
  15. hoodyear

hoodyear Senior member

^ If it isn't here or here, it probably doesn't exist.

1 person likes this.
  16. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

Hoodyear speaks the truth. Although I do remember one or two times a code has appeared on this thread before it reached either of the sites you mentioned. It's rare though.

Oh, and add Yoox's facebook page to the list of spots you check. Sometimes they'll even beat the Purse Forum ladies to a code announcement**

**unless you're about to purchase something in my dreambox, in which case forget everything i just told you

Last edited: Aug 23, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  17. youngcy

youngcy Member

Extra 20% off at opening ceremony with LASTHURRAH20

18. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

It depends on what country you're ordering from.
    http://www.farfetch.com/pag91.aspx#19

19. canstyleace

canstyleace Senior member

pm member jo3b here, I believe he works there (or at least used to work at hwc&s)

20. hoodyear

hoodyear Senior member

Extra 40% off sale at gravity pope until Sunday

Of note: Geller FW12 chelseas, summer Achilles in 44, bunch of w+h sneakers

4 people like this.