Official Sales Alert thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Jun 22, 2007.

1. jet

jet Persian Bro

^same here

2. 3dials

3dials Senior member

Yes, given a choice I would rather have lower prices and minimal packaging. However, the one thing I did order was a casual Monitaly/Slowear ramie blazer so it was nice to have the suit bag. I'm using it for its intended purpose now.

3. Gavin

Gavin Senior member

We can't really advertise it on the site, but we have a couple of extras of this m.a+ bag that we can discount to $999. If anyone is interested, PM me and I'll give you a coupon code to use at checkout.

4. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

The experience of buying and receiving something, in my opinion, is almost as important as the product itself. I find the internet's singular focus on products and prices somewhat disappointing. Though Mr. Porter's packaging doesn't add a great deal, I like it better than the standard of wrapping my item in a cheap plastic bag, dumping it in a cheap cardboard box, and slapping a UPS label on it.

Not that online experiences can't be as good as B&M, but with regards to the discussion in another thread comparing the two, I find B&Ms often hold the advantage in that they provide an experience, not just products at cheap prices. At least a large online operation such as Mr. Porter is providing relatively good online editorial content, reasonably decent (albeit somewhat impersonal) customer service, and nice personalized packaging. It makes the experience of purchasing and receiving an item considerably more pleasurable than, say, the price-focused discount house Yoox.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2012

5. Alphataru

Alphataru Senior member

If Porter charges an incredible premium over other shops, I'd understand, but all else being equal, why wouldn't you want better packaging?

6. ImaPro

ImaPro Senior member

Because its wasteful for the sake of it. I like it too but dislike the idea of wasting w/o reason.

Anyway Asos extra 10% : sale10

Last edited: Jul 21, 2012

7. jet

jet Persian Bro

I couldn't give two shits about the excessive packaging I only care about the contents.

8. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

yes... total f'g waste... who gives a shit about the packaging? They're not delivering me a handjob... it's a pair of shoes.

9. Alphataru

Alphataru Senior member

I don't care about packaging too, but bitching about things getting TOO WELL packaged seem like you guys are over privileged pricks to me.

10. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I like MrPorters packaging, I prefer it to be packaged that way than just half-assing it. I've ordered shoes plenty of times from Eastbay where they literally just put the shoebox inside a shipping plastic bag and sent it out. Once the package got to me the box is beat to death and one time. One time the plastic ripped and water got inside when they delivered it during the rain and the shoebox was soaked.

11. Derek92

Derek92 Senior member

For those of us who haven't ordered from Porter, what's so special about the packaging?

Also, any codes for The Corner?

12. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

excess. its wonderful

13. meso

meso Senior member

Clearly not a founding member.

14. zissou

zissou Senior member

I never know what I am supposed to do with that ridiculously heavy, unused MR PORTER shopping bag that they include in every package. I'm starting to carry tools around in one of them, since it seems strong enough.

15. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

haha... touche! :bigstar:

ya.. I'm sure that's exactly what they intended they be used for.