1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Official Sales Alert thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Jun 22, 2007.

Tags:
  1. long_knives

long_knives Well-Known Member

I take back that I said "most", and instead would say "many". There also seems to be a fair number of deadstock Levi's Red and Levi's Blue Star items.

Look closely at the lables.

LVC Breton Stripe: http://www.yoox.com/ca/39334007TD/item?dept=men#sts=sr_men80&cod10=39334007TD&sizeId=
    LVC Bay Meadow tee: http://www.yoox.com/ca/37459789WX/item?dept=men#sts=sr_men80&cod10=37459789WX&sizeId=
    LVC popover shirt: http://www.yoox.com/ca/38280479AH/item?dept=men#sts=sr_men80&cod10=38280479AH&sizeId=
    LVC Flannel check shirt: http://www.yoox.com/ca/38307659LF/item?dept=men#sts=sr_men80&cod10=38307659LF&sizeId=
    LVC 505-0217: http://www.yoox.com/ca/42270098PS/item?dept=men#sts=sr_men80&cod10=42270098PS&sizeId=7

2. hoodyear

hoodyear Well-Known Member

3. kissmyjazz

kissmyjazz Well-Known Member

Some kind of a new project
    "Have you ever owned a high-end custom suit? It looks better, fits better, it's truly amazing.
    But department stores and large designer brands charge five times what it actually costs to make.
    We did not think that made sense. We eliminate all intermediaries
    and bring it to you at close to its manufacturing price"

They give now $100 credit for early registrations
    http://beau.com/beau-sign-up

4. long_knives

long_knives Well-Known Member

Everlane for suits. It's an annoying trend in marketing, although I wish the auto industry would give it a try so that I don't have to deal with annoying dealerships.

5. Urthwhyte

Urthwhyte Well-Known Member

Have $60k? Hate dealerships? Get a Tesla.

2 people like this.
  6. MKELLY

MKELLY Member

If you're curious, there was an piece on NPR/Planet Money discussing why this is basically not going to happen any time soon for cars. I think it's online here: http://www.npr.org/blogs/money/2013/02/19/172402376/why-buying-a-car-never-changes.

7. thenewjs

thenewjs Well-Known Member

Here in Houston we have Texas Direct Auto. They started as an internet dealer of used cars, did really well and decided to open an physical location. Both my bros have previously bought their cars from them. I will buy my next from them. Even though they sell their inventory on ebay, you can visit the physical dealer and purchase. Their markup is about $800. They move inventory by the volumes each month, so what you see today wont be there next week.

Last edited: May 28, 2013
  8. amathew

amathew Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

The Lanvin summer sale has started.

9. silverwarebandit

silverwarebandit Well-Known Member

Does anyone know where filson bags can be bought on sale? Filson.com doesn't list stockists.

10. althanis

althanis Well-Known Member

Keep your eye on the Filson thread. Hilton Tent City is one place that has sales sometimes, and from time to time people will point out where other sales of Filson are happening.

11. ipractice

ipractice Well-Known Member

Southwillard summer sale starts Thursday... But you can technically order now if you know what you're doing.

2 people like this.
  12. silverwarebandit

silverwarebandit Well-Known Member

Thanks!

13. LaBowtie

LaBowtie Member

Do they not list the size of their ties? Idiots!

14. Kenneth Cole Haan

Kenneth Cole Haan Well-Known Member

Mohawk General Store has free shipping through the 31st, use "SILVERLAKE"

15. Biggskip

Biggskip Well-Known Member

You need to contact Crane's Country Store. If you call them, mention SF, and order over the phone, they will typically give you a 15% discount, which is about as good as you're going to get when it comes to Filson. Filson, much like Bose or Apple, is one of those brands that places strict price controls on their retail partners. They don't want their stuff discounted. Which I can sort of see their point. Most of what they make they have been making for 100 years, so if it doesn't sell in the next 3 months they can just put it in a closet and sell it in another 6 months.

Not sure if joking.

16. Hype1234

Hype1234 Well-Known Member

if you wait for a solid brooks brothers sale you can get filson at a good discount. also, 30% if you've never ordered from revolve.

Last edited: May 29, 2013
  17. LaBowtie

LaBowtie Member

Quote:

Not joking, those drake's ties look slim, but how do I tell, no measurements? Is it just assumed a standard 3.5x57 if not listed.

18. karmaguy

karmaguy Well-Known Member

try looking to the bottom left side of the screen; tie width is listed

19. jet

jet Well-Known Member

i dont understand how sw cleans up with only 20 off lol

20. LaBowtie

LaBowtie Member

Say what? No, sir. Besides, length?