Official Sales Alert thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Jun 22, 2007.

1. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

Why is it different if you can afford the item at 70% off? If you can't afford it, don't buy it. If you can afford it and you want it, get it. If you want an $800 pair of pants but can't afford to spend $800, don't buy them. If they drop to $200 and now you can afford them, then buy them. Not that difficult. Now if you're buying those pants at $200 just because they're on sale, even though you don't particularly need or even want them, then that's another story. People make a lot of fuss about nothing in this thread when I think everyone, or at least a lot of people, probably agrees on the basic idea I just laid out.

And of course you can apply that principle to a single unit. The principle is the same no matter how many units you're talking about.

2. amathew

amathew Senior member

I'm looking for sunglasses. Has anyone noticed anything good on sale.

3. meso

meso Senior member

Can we not dredge up whatever123's (or "whatever" name he goes by now) argument yet again?

4. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

Lol samesies

5. althanis

althanis Senior member

Quoted for truth.

6. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

I of course wait for sales, but I generally prefer business models like toj or epaulet, where the price is basically the price and I never have to wonder if I could have gotten it cheaper. Kind of feeds into whatever's buying philosophy.

*yes, epaulet has some sales items but they don't really put things on sale until they have just a few left so size and selection sucks at that point.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2012
  7. MaBal

MaBal Active Member

It's difficult to apply the principle of price elasticity the way that user suggested. It has nothing to do with why retailers discount clothing. They discount stuff for the sole reason of getting rid of it. Its really not any more difficult then that. But I am not going to argue about it. I just wanted to reply to a few comments.

Continue to post sales codes and what not.

8. Stillmaticbeat

Stillmaticbeat Senior member

am i the only one here who doesn't care about other peoples buying philosophies and whether they buy something if they really needed it or not. lol. you guys are grown men and earn your own money. do with it as you want.

9. amathew

amathew Senior member

Preach it brother!

Back to sales.

I have a feeling they're not 100% SF approved, but Revolve Clothing is having a summer sale right now.

10. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

OC's buys have become so garbage, most of it's not even worth buying. Save yourself from having to look at the models and don't even bother

11. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

oh hi whatever123 version 5.0

take a look at this paper - you may find it interesting, particularly chapter 4 and subchapter 4.3.2 (estimating the elasticity of demand for clearance season forecasting)
    dspace.mit.edu/bitstream/handle/1721.1/59180/659787934.pdf

12. Meis

Meis Senior member

+1 there's almost nothing I want... Of course, it being OC, I don't expect to receive the one item I did end up ordering. I believe I'm something like 1 for 8 or 1 for 9 on receiving my orders.

13. andrewgreg

andrewgreg Senior member

There's a difference with you can afford and you are willing to pay the cash to buy it. Afford: to be able to meet the expense of; have or be able to spare the price of

When looking at a 800$ pants i think a lot of people can afford it. Most of people have $800 at their bank. But not all of them want to pay that price for a 800$ pants, especially they know the price will drop in near future with a big discount.

For me it looks like a lot of people here hate seeing others buying goods just because the cheap price but they don't need. It's actually a very personal judgment which no one cares. The same debate over and over every sale season. I believe it's someone's own wish to spend their own money.

14. andrewgreg

andrewgreg Senior member

I agree. Spend your own money why give a damn what other ppl say.

15. MaBal

MaBal Active Member

What up?

Wrong Weather 40% off (but not DVN until the 2nd).