Official Sales Alert thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Jun 22, 2007.

1. stevent

stevent Senior member

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
    Repeated twice for the amount of fail

Fedex could send you a letter after a few weeks or so. I've never ordered from End but I don't think retailer matters that much unless it's TBS to the US. If it is there is a high certainly that you "will definitely" not have customs.

2. darkie_one

darkie_one Senior member

if you have bought Raf Simons velcro hi-tops in size 42 (or fitting as 42, I'm 41 in Common Projects and 42 in MMM GATs) and want to re-sale them to me, please PM
    thanks!

3. Dingusberry

Dingusberry Senior member

Well, everytime I order from a shop that uses DHL or UPS I get hit by the customs and have to pay fees.

4. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

Thanks to Biggskip for the Moderntailor heads up. Got this one cuz of its predawn color scheme.

[​IMG]

5. Lendo

Lendo Senior member

Bought a pair of fracap boots from end a little over a year ago and had to pay customs, was recently contacted after buying a beams + shirt by fed ex for customs info as well. Have yet to receive any kind of bill for that one though.

6. ryanho

ryanho Member

any coupon code for end clothings?

7. zissou

zissou Senior member

I once bought something on sale from End, and they marked the value at full retail. After many emails back and forth with the Fedex guy, they understood that I paid less and kept it out of customs. I did have to pay $35 in fees, which was worth the work they did, in my opinion.

I think one should always expect to pay customs/import fees when something is shipped Fedex/UPS/DHL. If you don't, it's a nice surprise. Alternatively, I always request Royal Mail (or whatever the domestic mail service is for the country from which it is being shipped).

8. thenewjs

thenewjs Senior member

Yes, END use to to be easier on customs. That changed years ago though. Like someone has already said even if you buy it on sale they will declare it at the full UK value. I have seen cases where they even add shipping on top of that after giving free shipping.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2012
  9. thats.mana

thats.mana Senior member

I've ordered numerous times from overseas and have nevered had to pay customs(fingers crossed) but i've always use my work shipping address. Anyone else experience this?

10. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Could it have to do with also which state you are in? I've bought things from just about every foreign site mentioned on SF that used a variety of couriers and have never been hit by customs. I'm in CA.

11. Dingusberry

You guys are really lucky. Every time I order from webshops outside my country I get hit by customs, except for ebay, because the sellers mark them as gift or the value below customs limit.

12. kular01

kular01 Active Member

just out of curiosity what is the customs value limit? I was thinking about ordering a few things from end that come out to $100 (including shipping)

13. wurlwyde

wurlwyde Senior member

I was with you guys until recently when I got hit for something like $54 dollars on a leather jacket. But I've ordered from End and never been charged as well as a number of other foreign stores.

14. Monn1k

Monn1k Senior member

From here:

"Gifts worth up to $100 may be sent, free of duty and tax, to friends and relatives in the United States, as long as the same person does not receive more than $100 worth of gifts in a single day. If the gifts are mailed or shipped from an insular possession, this amount is increased to $200."

15. Dingusberry

Well, the customs limit in my country (Norway) is $34. Everything (except for shoes, but all clothes) above that value gets a fee of 25% VAT and 10,7% customs fee.