• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HAL 9000

Reaction score
I have never had a customs problem in the past with END or TBS... Only issues were with Kiosk78 and OiPolloi.
I'm crossing my fingers END hasn't changed at all since my last order with them 2 years ago.

But if the item was manufactured outside of North America, we would be charged duties and taxes right? Or no?

ThomSquared

Reaction score

But if the item was manufactured outside of North America, we would be charged duties and taxes right? Or no?

Not really sure about that, as I said I haven't ordered anything from END in almost two years, but back then I was ordering from them almost monthly and never got docked for customs, on the other hand I have been ordering from TBS religiously for a few years now and have NEVER paid a dime for customs.

I'm not really sure how any of that is handled, you just order and hope you don't get docked but always prepare yourself for the worst. I'm not sure how END functions now from a shipping an receiving standpoint but I am always confident I won't get hit by TBS, sadly I had to order an item that was abruptly sold out with TBS through END, they seem to be the only two that had the item.

Last edited:

ExAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I paid $250 for a pair of band of outsiders bermuda shorts. did I overpay? yes. do they fit perfectly? yes. are they my favorite pair of shorts ever? I've yet to find a pair of shorts that fit and satisfy me as these, so yes. they get a lot of mileage thats for sure.

Dingusberry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not really sure about that, as I said I haven't ordered anything from END in almost two years, but back then I was ordering from them almost monthly and never got docked for customs, on the other hand I have been ordering from TBS religiously for a few years now and have NEVER paid a dime for customs.
I'm not really sure how any of that is handled, you just order and hope you don't get docked but always prepare yourself for the worst. I'm not sure how END functions now from a shipping an receiving standpoint but I am always confident I won't get hit by TBS, sadly I had to order an item that was abruptly sold out with TBS through END, they seem to be the only two that had the item.
What kind of shipping service do End and TBS use? If they use courier companies like DHL, UPS or FedEx, you will definitely get hit by customs.

surrender

Reaction score
I bought two items from End last week and they shipped via FedEx. Didn't have to pay customs, either.

kular01

Reaction score
has anyone on here from canada had any experiences with shipments from end?

tellure

Reaction score
40% off at the John Varvatos flagship store in LA (Melrose & N Robertson). Not a ton of the mainline stuff on sale (lots of the same items that were on Gilt recently) but they do seem to have a lot of sizes available since it is their main store.

smashwindow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've have gotten anal raped by customs from end.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What kind of shipping service do End and TBS use? If they use courier companies like DHL, UPS or FedEx, you will definitely get hit by customs. 

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
Repeated twice for the amount of fail

I bought two items from End last week and they shipped via FedEx. Didn't have to pay customs, either.

Fedex could send you a letter after a few weeks or so. I've never ordered from End but I don't think retailer matters that much unless it's TBS to the US. If it is there is a high certainly that you "will definitely" not have customs.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads