1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Official Sales Alert thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Jun 22, 2007.

Tags:
  1. btuzon

btuzon Well-Known Member

Rachel Comey online store

Take an additional 20% off sale items
    Use promo code COCONUTS through January 15

2. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Senior member

Does Aloha Rag have any discount codes on top of their sale price?

3. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Senior member

Yup, pretty soon I believe.

4. DesignerValet

DesignerValet Senior member

Is Porter still doing clearance sales? Lots of things stuck at 50% off.

5. prurient

prurient Senior member

SALE10 for an extra 10% at superdenim.
    Small drops at The Bureau.

6. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Senior member

I think I read 1/15 somewhere. A cursory look through the site reveals a lot of stuff gone or super limited sizing. No surprise there...

7. ebayhtl

ebayhtl Senior member

Hi guys - has anyone seen a nice shawl collar cardigan (for not too much $ - under $150?) on sale in a M in whatever colours? Thanks, haven't seen too much at that price range.

8. jet

jet Senior member

My friend just had the worst experience ever re: la garconne, I would never shop there given their attitude now.

Unionmade is a pretty terrible store they need to step their game up.

9. Feji

Feji Senior member

What happened? My gf just ordered a pair of CP's for herself from there.

10. corneliusparky

corneliusparky Senior member

Good to know, was just checking out their sale. Don't need the headache.

11. jet

jet Senior member

It's a long story I'll post up later tonight. I'm sure your girl's purchase will be fine.

12. superego

superego Senior member

no issues at la garconne on mine...even cool with me returning an item that came with the tag, but not attached (wut). called up CS, explained the issue, they apologized, the end.

13. jet

jet Senior member

He bought something online, everything went fine etc. A week goes by nothing, no shipment confirmation whatever.

He calls and they said oh sorry we need an authorization code from your cc or some bullshit (even though the order processed fine online). He calls his cc then calls back and gives the code.

They tell him stand by your fine we'll call you right back. Two and a half hours later they call back sorry we can't do anything for you. He's like why and they wouldn't give him a reason. He said how about if I come down there and give you cash? Oh we don't take cash (it's not a b&m). He said what if I bring you a cashiers check. No sorry. He says I don't get it I did everything you asked and I just wanna buy this fucking piece, I'll just have my friend buy it for me. "No don't even try that'. This was the manager he was talking to also when I asked him why he didn't talk to the manager, possibly was the owner even. He said this is the worst customer service I've ever had. They ended with saying sorry you're just not going to get this one.

Un-fucking-believable. Crossed that shit off my list.

14. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

i wonder what the real reason was ... someone else like employee or friend wanted it? or it was damaged or messed up inventory?

i cant understand why they wouldnt sell it to him unless they had someone else buying it at retail (assuming your friend bought on sale)

edit: i've purchased like two ervell pieces and a pair of cps over like 2 years ago but nothing recent

Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
  15. jet

jet Senior member

I'm sure there's something behind the scenes but it had to do with the merchant and not the cc company.

Really bizarre, not to mention they were rude while he was trying to reason with them. Not to mention they don't provide measurements and tell you to use the model's specs to ballpark it :lol:

This is what happens when you're a womens store selling some mens.

16. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

Wow... those bastards at La Garconne have gone too far. Do they know who they're fucking with? Styleforum users won't sit idly by as they sully our purchases like this...

1 person likes this.
  17. astris

astris Senior member

sale10 not working.

18. thenewjs

thenewjs Senior member

HUH, I placed a phone order with La Garconne last friday. Besides the fact the girl that answered the phone could not get my email right and I subsequently had to call back, they were great.

They did a price drop while I was placing the order and I called back and the girl said, wait till I get my order and if I plan to keep call back for the difference. Then it would become final sale.

Otherwise cool. Sounds like an isolated incident.

19. jet

jet Senior member

Just because you had a "normal" experience doesn't discount the one he had. No matter, I won't be shopping there so you are free to do as you wish.

20. philmo84

philmo84 Active Member

Looks like they heard you :)