1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Official Sales Alert thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Jun 22, 2007.

Tags:
  1. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

Thanks for the heads up, is it a coupon code or just automatic?

2. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Thanks for the heads up, is it a coupon code or just automatic?

I think it's just automatic and it's great timing after I just bought a BoO shirt from them.

3. evilgeniusdan

evilgeniusdan Senior member

Question about Blue Bee, do they actually ever mark any of their prices down (this weekend doesn't count) I've never actually seen anything on sale or anything.

4. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Question about Blue Bee, do they actually ever mark any of their prices down (this weekend doesn't count) I've never actually seen anything on sale or anything.

2 in store sales per year.

5. evilgeniusdan

evilgeniusdan Senior member

Yeah I could have guessed. I'm on the opposite end of the country, of course.

6. dryl1

dryl1 New Member

Hi, is the bluebee sale instore too? [​IMG]

7. robin

robin Senior member

Another sales notice from Blackbird:

8. ok1234

ok1234 Well-Known Member

hey does anyone know the code for the bluebee 20 off sale?

i called today and they wouldnt tell me haha
    the code was e-mailed to previous customers

9. denimaddict

denimaddict Senior member

10. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

the email didn't mention a code.

11. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

Another sales notice from Blackbird:

I kinda like the purple leather ymc zip sneakers. I really don't need them but pretty cool. I wish there were more shoes i liked included in that sale.

12. constant struggle

constant struggle Senior member

blackbird's sufu discount is going down to 10% from 20%
    [​IMG]

13. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

And soon enough 0% since they're phasing it out slowly

14. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

And soon enough 0% since they're phasing it out slowly

That's unfortunate, especially given that Seattle markups are some of the highest in the States. LA, SF, and NYC tend to be lower, and Chicago is perhaps, as a whole, lowest of all. Not to mention that this will make their prices non-competetive with online retailers which carry similar stock. I like Blackbird, but excepting several brands like APC, Bless, and Skull, their stock is not exclusive enough for them to be the "goto" store, without their discount.

15. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

Yea, i'm dissapointed too. Especially since they're pretty stingy with free shipping. I guess i can understand as they're starting to try and move to slightly higher end with all the geller, dbss, ervell, bless and others while phasing out the cheap-mid range stuff like bson, ymc, corpus, etc... Seems like i'm only gonna pick stuff up around sale time from them, but then again, they ususally don't have much left.

16. robin

robin Senior member

I don't think the owners of other local stores will mind - I've heard many complaints where people try to get lower prices out of them just because Blackbird gives them an x% discount.

17. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I don't think the owners of other local stores will mind - I've heard many complaints where people try to get lower prices out of them just because Blackbird gives them an x% discount.

Sure, but they are the competition. Of course the competition is not going to mind. I like Seattle stores. In general, the sales staff are friendly and unpretentious. However, the majority of the boutiques really cannot compete in terms of internet sales, even if they wanted to. The markups are simply too high to get that market.

18. constant struggle

constant struggle Senior member

I've made the majority of my recent purchases from blackbird, soley due to the discount beating the price everywhere else...

I have a hard time buying anything without some sort of discount

19. robin

robin Senior member

Unfortunately they're not as competitive with each other as much as I'd like. Many of the downtown stores have either dropped lines or canceled orders just because of Blackbird's buys of the same stuff.

20. jet

jet Senior member

That's unfortunate, especially given that Seattle markups are some of the highest in the States. LA, SF, and NYC tend to be lower, and Chicago is perhaps, as a whole, lowest of all. Not to mention that this will make their prices non-competetive with online retailers which carry similar stock. I like Blackbird, but excepting several brands like APC, Bless, and Skull, their stock is not exclusive enough for them to be the "goto" store, without their discount.

Exactly.