• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Winston S.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I called Barneys New York to see if they had any in my size left and they did. Ended up picking up a pair of 30s in the slim fit. I think this is how 3sixteen is usually denoted. Straight (ST) and Slim (SL) and not straight and tapered.

It seemed like they had at least 30 pairs of jeans across the different styles. I didn't get a chance to look through all of them as I got in 5 minutes before closing to pick up my pair, but they definitely had some around the 30 size.

I don't think the pair that I picked up are raw though. They seem like they are washed.

trig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I called Barneys New York to see if they had any in my size left and they did. Ended up picking up a pair of 30s in the slim fit. I think this is how 3sixteen is usually denoted. Straight (ST) and Slim (SL) and not straight and tapered.

It seemed like they had at least 30 pairs of jeans across the different styles. I didn't get a chance to look through all of them as I got in 5 minutes before closing to pick up my pair, but they definitely had some around the 30 size.

I don't think the pair that I picked up are raw though. They seem like they are washed.

FYI: ST = Slim Tapered. SL = Straight Leg. I'm pretty sure yours are Raw. 3sixteen doesn't sell washed denim. the barneys exclusive is a straight leg fit btw.

Winston S.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

FYI: ST = Slim Tapered. SL = Straight Leg. I'm pretty sure yours are Raw. 3sixteen doesn't sell washed denim. the barneys exclusive is a straight leg fit btw.

Thanks. I stand corrected. The denim just doesn't look very deep or dark. I'll snap pictures later whem I have a chance. The sales associates there did say that they had ST and SL though and I did see some. Perhaps the ones that were ST were not Barney's exclusives?

Last edited:

dcs87

Reaction score

trig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks. I stand corrected. The denim just doesn't look very deep or dark. I'll snap pictures later whem I have a chance. The sales associates there did say that they had ST and SL though and I did see some. Perhaps the ones that were ST were not Barney's exclusives?

only the SL-BNY1 is the exclusive i believe. any st/sl-100/120/200/210/211/220/300 are part of 3sixteens regular line.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Park & Bond has a few Porter bags on sale as well $15 Gitman ties

Winston S.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

only the SL-BNY1 is the exclusive i believe. any st/sl-100/120/200/210/211/220/300 are part of 3sixteens regular line.

Attaching pic of my 3Sixteen "Black" jeans, Uniqlo raw selvedge, and the new 3Sixteen Indigo jeans that I picked up yesterday.

Sorry for all the misuse of the terminology.

It feels like the new 3Sixteens that I picked up are the Barney's exclusives and they are in the straight leg cut.

The Indigo doesn't seem like it was dyed as dark as the Uniqlo ones though as you can see from the pictures.

itbegins

Reaction score

Attaching pic of my 3Sixteen "Black" jeans, Uniqlo raw selvedge, and the new 3Sixteen Indigo jeans that I picked up yesterday.
Sorry for all the misuse of the terminology.
It feels like the new 3Sixteens that I picked up are the Barney's exclusives and they are in the straight leg cut.
The Indigo doesn't seem like it was dyed as dark as the Uniqlo ones though as you can see from the pictures.

Would you do me huge solid and post measurements for your Barney's exclusive pair of 3sixteen and the listed size?

Winston S.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Would you do me huge solid and post measurements for your Barney's exclusive pair of 3sixteen and the listed size?

I dropped them off to get shortened this morning, so I probably won't be able to do it till this weekend at the earliest plus I won't be able to give you inseam and outseam original, but I am going to assume inseam was 34".

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads