• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How do you get charged for customs fees? Do they bill you after your package arrives? How does it work?
It's been a week since I received my order from Nitty Gritty from Fedex, am I safe?

I didn't get customs with either of my Nitty Gritty orders. I asked them to mark down value and the they said they would do the lowest by law, which was just the sale price.

As for customs bills its max $100 or so not sure why you wouldn't pay something like that.

abbr

Reaction score
Contacted end support and they say that "PREMIUM" coupon only valid for Italian and Swiss customers

zazaza

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm 50% italian does that count?

esp frustrating since I'd clicked the USA website and the discount applied when I added the code. (although when I went to complete the order a couple hours later it didn't work)

zazaza

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Same here. I´m starting to hate DHL. Last purchse was a tee which was around 110 euros (160 shipped) and customs here charged over 200 dollars when the package came in. So ******* furious  :censored:
baldy%5B1%5D.gif

wait just a tick, you paid $360 for a T-Shirt??

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score

I'm 50% italian does that count?

esp frustrating since I'd clicked the USA website and the discount applied when I added the code. (although when I went to complete the order a couple hours later it didn't work)

I was getting the discount and free int'l shipping earlier too then stopped working. they're having problems with it. They will be emailing when it's sorted out. if you guys are patient it will be taken care of in due time.

zazaza

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I was getting the discount and free int'l shipping earlier too then stopped working. they're having problems with it. They will be emailing when it's sorted out. if you guys are patient it will be taken care of in due time.

appreciate the update

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score

appreciate the update

ok ~ i had sent them an email, Lauren got back to me, I explained what happened, she created a unique code for me to use. So if you wanted the discount maybe she can do that for you all too :eek:

zazaza

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ok ~ i had sent them an email, Lauren got back to me, I explained what happened, she created a unique code for me to use. So if you wanted the discount maybe she can do that for you all too :eek:

awesome.

does this lauren have an email addy we should use or are we to just send a general inquiry to customer service?

p.s. (poor Lauren/END customer support, about to get hit with an SF deluge)

artishard116

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

how'd you get free shipping?

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
no clue, that's before it was broken, no longer free shipping.

all i want is a junya pocket square not worth 12gbp shipped :lol:

mike1445

Reaction score
barbour chelsea and nike air sauble for me so 20% would be nice, emailed them

edit: she responded with an individual code in a commendable 22 minutes.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads