• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

shd make a selling/trading thread for bigger sized guys.

Yes we can!

Skip, if you're interested in Geller knits, the 52 fit a bit large. You should try them. Also, Ervell XL and SS 7 should work for you in most tops, particularly knits.

I've tried on a couple of Ervell tops and they are just too short for me. Same pretty much for BOO and WvG.

they make a size 52 waist which is a 36

I'll have to keep an eye out.

Forget about Geller shirting, though, skip. 52 is as high as they go and with the slim arms and high arm holes, most of them can feel slightly smaller than tagged depending on how accustomed you are to wearing shrinkwrap.

Good to know, thanks for the heads up.

Desi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Forget about Geller shirting, though, skip. 52 is as high as they go and with the slim arms and high arm holes, most of them can feel slightly smaller than tagged depending on how accustomed you are to wearing shrinkwrap.

all my 44's fit big.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

all my 44's fit big.

I guess it depends on body type. Measurement-wise, Geller shirts fit TTS. However, certain characteristics (i.e. high armholes) can make them feel slimmer. Then again, I know his sizing can be a bit erratic, so your mileage may vary.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've tried on a couple of Ervell tops and they are just too short for me. Same pretty much for BOO and WvG.

how tall are you? dont know if you knwo this but mauro does MTM at basically the same price point as his regular shirting so if you need more length, thats the route you should go

Last edited:

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fred SEgal is 50% off nothing really worthwhile though

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My 44 shirt has approx 20" chest and it fits me fine due to the high armholes. If you compare sizes though, you'll find very small differences in the chest measurement.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yes, for the knits, you'd likely have to stretch the sleeves and body a little if you're taller than 6'1". But the body/chest should work.

Geller in 52 though is both a bit large in the body and long

Last edited:

bwahahahaha

Reaction score

Yes, for the knits, you'd likely have to stretch the sleeves and body a little if you're taller than 6'1". But the body/chest should work.
Geller in 52 though is both a bit large in the body and long

From hearing his all of the time I was expecting the same thing, but I just received the norwegian cardigan in an xs, and at 5'11" the fit is perfect all around. Not too short at all.

Last edited:

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well maybe the proportions are better in small sizes. L and XL are on the short side for taller guys

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My 44 shirt has approx 20" chest and it fits me fine due to the high armholes. If you compare sizes though, you'll find very small differences in the chest measurement.

+1... and from the measurements I've seen (who knows how trustworthy they are...) a geller 44 and 46 for tops are basically the same in the chest, with the 46 just being a little long body and sleeves.

From hearing his all of the time I was expecting the same thing, but I just received the norwegian cardigan in an xs, and at 5'11" the fit is perfect all around. Not too short at all.

The norweigan sweater from this year fits differently than last years fair isle. The norweigan fits a little looser and noticeably longer. Also while both are baby alpaca, the one from this year is definitely heartier and heavier than last years fair isle, though the fair isle is a bit softer.

Re:difference between sizes. This is why its always a clusterfuck when people try to recommend sizes that aren't their own-i.e. someone says I take Medium in both X and Y brands so if you take a Small in X a Small in Y should fit you. Brands don't space their sizes out the same way. For instance there seems to be a much bigger difference between a Gitman small and medium than between a BoO small and medium.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
From what I understand, Ervell knits all fit a bit bigger this season than last year.

Ervell's intended aesthetic results in pants and jackets that aren't big guy friendly, but their shirting appears to be. A large in the standard buttondown, for instance, has a chest of 22". The shirts seem to be pretty well picked over right now aside from the XL, so give those a look if you're in the market for longer/bigger buttondown shirts, Skip.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Norwegian this year is indeed a little bit longer than the fair isle last year. I still had to stretch the sleeves out in cold water to fit my arms. In comparison, a similarly sized Geller, MMM, Lanvin knit would have sleeves 2" longer at least. 3 or 4" for a similarly sized SNS

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads