Official Sales Alert thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Jun 22, 2007.

1. APK

APK Senior member

I hadn't heard anything from them since they sent the order confirmation. I saw this and then checked my email and found the same message.

A fine idea until you consider that they started this latest sale online at around midnight EST.

2. spreadcollar

spreadcollar Senior member

I think everyone's point is you'd be better off calling first thing in the morning because ordering online at midnight isn't doing you any favors.

3. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

FYI, I bought these and returned them. They run a full size larger than usual CP size.

I have vintage achilles, classic achilles, washed achilles all in size 42. I would have needed a 41 in those dove dress chukkas.

I was pretty disappointed in them, they just seemed flimsy. I did a straight return even though I could have rectified the size issue.

4. zissou

zissou Senior member

It doesn't really matter when they start the online sale. Most of the online stock is on the floor of the physical stores, so you could potentially place a phone order at one of the stores (or walk in and buy it) for something that sold online hours (or days) ago. That's exactly what's happening to folks who are having their online orders cancelled.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2012

5. APK

APK Senior member

Gotcha. Live and learn. Just a bummer, because the item that I ordered doesn't even appear to be available in that size anywhere else. I was actually ready to pay the price before it got another markdown.

It's still a really poor stock system. If you're going to have a huge online sale, have some workers come in an hour or two before the physical store opens so that they have time to fulfill the online orders. It sounds like a ton of people had their orders canceled and that this isn't an uncommon occurrence. You'd think OC would figure out a solution to this, since it ultimately reflects poorly on them.

6. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

All of my OC orders have shipped during sales times, but I've also placed a few phone orders and it's pretty easy.

7. Spencer

Spencer Senior member

Orlebar Brown sale starts Monday.

8. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I've read this many times here but from my own experience, there's a lot of stuff on the website that I never see when visiting the store. I asked about it, they look everywhere, main store, upstairs, next door... can't find it. Yet, it's still online in multiple sizes for weeks. Don't understand how this works at OC

9. zissou

zissou Senior member

Some of the online stock is definitely somewhere else other than the shop floors. Who knows where, though...

10. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

I've managed to buy some stuff that wasn't listed on the site at all when the SA was like "Oh, sorry that's out of stock but we have [item from the same brand]."

11. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

They are pretty free-flowing as far stores go. When I was there last, I was looking at an Ervell coat and they didn't have my size. The SA said wait a minute let me check with the Ervell guys upstairs, they may have it (the PE office is above the OC store)...

12. NaTionS

NaTionS Senior member

More markdowns at Forward, nothing great though.

13. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

0% success rate @ OC.

14. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

me as well :(

15. tcwalter07

tcwalter07 Senior member

Zero for one at OC. Tried to order a BoO oxford right when the sale started but got the "we couldn't find it" email last night.