Official Sales Alert thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Jun 22, 2007.

1. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I've got no problem with that. I have a problem with people using terms like "market price" and "pricepoint" incorrectly.

2. APK

APK Senior member

The first thing I think when someone pulls that bit with me is, "Then why don't you go buy it from where you found it at that price?"

3. WhoKnewI

WhoKnewI Senior member

What? I'm guessing you have never had someone pm you and say "hey man I wanna buy your size medium shirt, but this guy is selling the same shirt in size large for 60 dollars less. if you match the price I'll buy it."

4. rioni

rioni Senior member

Charcoal Bayswater Thinsulate Peacoats in size S ringing up for $130 after discount at Jcrew today.

5. ThomSquared

ThomSquared Senior member

I think you had the white/black/red one in your cart, I picked up the brown/orange blue nordic. But that same one popped up this morning, maybe a cancelled order or something and it was gone in a second.

6. habitant

habitant Senior member

Tell me about it.. The same item will measure 3 different ways depending on store. Haven is especially bad for sizing... I've bought things from them that were completely off.

7. elwood49

elwood49 Well-Known Member

I bought it this morning when it came back up.:)

8. ThomSquared

ThomSquared Senior member

Haha I was hoping it was you that nabbed it, way to keep at it... Don't you love when that shit happens?

9. Meis

Meis Senior member

Uh that's very different from what we're talking about. See whoknewI's post

10. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

i've yet to see someone in person wearing those yuketens around here.

11. stevent

stevent Senior member

1. Boots vs. Chukkas are two different things, please I'd like to buy a cashmere sweater by brand x for the price of a merino sweater by brand x. How does this even make sense? Or can I get some cordovan boots by Alden for the same price as chromexcel Alden boots? If you can find me that deal, please let me know and I'd glady purchase.
    2. Context's price is great, but it's for one model. Yuketens are on sale at a bunch of European stores, but they are going for 250-350 pounds/euros. Context is selling one shoe. The market seems to be dictating a much higher price. Context's sale also does not last until goods are gone as other retailers deals are.

And as airport lobby said: The "actual market price" is the price that the seller is able to command, not the price of some sale item you found once, somewhere on the internet, in limited sizes and limited styles.

Because if we follow you wisdom, I need about 5 million Ralph Lauren Black Label white dress shirts for $20. Since I got them at the polo outlet once at that price. Please tell me I'm offering sellers a GREAT deal when I offer them $20 (including their $5-7 shipping cost) for these shirts. I mean I did buy them once at that price so that's the market price.

Back to sale news, Ourlegacy.se sale started a few days ago, not sure if anyone posted it already but some great prices on a lot of items

12. xDonavon

xDonavon Member

Thanks for the heads up. Really liking what they have, might pick up the navy chinos.

13. blahgspot

blahgspot Well-Known Member

Everything I ever learned about economics, here on Styleforum .... :slapfight: happy New Year to all!

14. harveyrabbit

harveyrabbit Senior member

Anyone have a spare Tres Bien code? PM would be appreciated.

Best in 2012 to all.

15. ribkin

ribkin Senior member

Just checked my Mr. Porter wishlist, an S.N.S. fisherman's knit that was sold out in my size after being marked down 50% just re-appeared ...