Official Sales Alert thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Jun 22, 2007.

1. dieselman89

dieselman89 Senior member

Did polo.com (ralph lauren) have a special for christmas eve/christmas day? I am about to purchase a lot of goods, and I have an SA that will hook me up with that discount if they offered one but I hate to bother him if they didn't.

2. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

is the RL sale only in manhattan? not at other RL stores?

3. andrewgreg

andrewgreg Senior member

I was in my local store 3 days ago they have nothing left plus discount in their madison ave store is so good.

4. Vigilant

Vigilant Senior member

I'm guessing it is in all stores. Was just in the Michigan ave store in Chicago this am and they were running the same deal. Had to kop the Prl suede gloves for $90. Not too shabby....

5. andrewgreg

andrewgreg Senior member

I checked polo online. one black label stuff is 40% off plus 30% off so it bring it to 58% off. Another black label blazer just 40% off no additional 30%. Compare to the promo running at madison ave store, online store is shabby.

The guy said he bought black label blazer for 72% off retail? :eh:

6. astris

astris Senior member

Still no confirmation for me.

7. dieselman89

dieselman89 Senior member

So the sale is still active from Christmas day. Cool thanks

8. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

Some further drops at both Sakis and Peggs

9. RevisIsland

RevisIsland Senior member

Yeah I got most of the stuff 72% off retail---as of yesterday there were still some black label blazers at madison ave at 72% off ---

A 2500 Cashmere Blazer for 700 (there was a 40R and I was tempted) and some wool blazers originally 1500 for 420.

Also there were some brown overcoats 100% cashmere 3000 - marked down to 840

One guy actually screwed up and gave me an extra 30% off --- so three of my items rang up to 81% off retail---

10. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Increasing the fees have the potential for improving turnover, because the big sellers, who dominate the market, would have an incentive to lower prices to get a sale, since otherwise, they would just keep on bleeding cash. As you all know, this is something that Ebay has not successfully done, nor is it their model. The way people use B&S is somwhere between Etsy, Amazon stores, and Ebay. It's extremely complicated, and clearly, we have a long way to go to get things right.

It's up in the air. Before we would change anything, we'd sit down with our financial and market research people, sift through the B&S activity, determine if there is a real problem, and if there is, what measures would be the proper ones to make the market move faster, expand, and have a good possibility for an additional revenue source a few years down the line. At some point, we have to make sure it is at least paying for itself, but we are not constrained by quarterlies or anything, so we can afford to make decisions with a long horizon. Right now, the idea is to optimize the system. The old system was broken, and there was no future for it. The new system is definitely not perfect, but it is scalable, which is a huge issue.

11. RevisIsland

I'm still thinking about it. I could probably find one on ebay under 1000 but then you have to worry about authenticity, fit, ect. I'm leaning towards keeping it. I figure St Andrews for under 2K is not a bad thing.

12. RevisIsland

Yeah I bought some stuff online as well. There's a code floating around for an additional 10% off online. Does not beat the sale in stores---but if you aren't near a store or can't find your size in store--there are certainly some deals to be had online.

13. andrewgreg

andrewgreg Senior member

:eek::cry::slapfight: I need to fly to NYC.

14. RevisIsland

I have visted 4 stores in the past couple days and all the stores had the sale so I would agree that it's all stores.

15. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

dang ok gotta go check out the LA RLs. the online selection is el terrible