• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A few items I missed earlier are back in stock at Park & Bond along with Mr. Porter. Guess the returns have been processed.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The problem is they don't force people to do price drops for a bump anymore. Because of this, things sit there far longer without any movement downward in price. Takes away the excitement for buyers and has hurt sellers themselves even if they don't realize it.

I've been contemplating taking away unpaid bumps altogether, and increasing the premium seller prices, so that sellers have an incentive to either 1) set prices low enough that they will sell very quickly, or 2) actually time price drops with bumps so that they make the best use of them (right now, $1 for a bump does not adequately disincentivize unrealistically high prices.)

Also, um, it's not a one item, one listing system. Read the rules, people.

when did styleforum become such a police state? why not make things easy? I think it's unfair to penalize posters who legitimately contribute to this "community" for trying to sell stuff for a decent price to other buyers. I've had tons of positive experiences buying and selling on this forum, why complicate it so much? I don't see a reason to try and treat the B&S like ebay to earn a quick buck off people who have been here for a long time and are just trying to clean out their closet. idk, I'm reluctant to sell stuff on B&S these days. Has the economy hurt styleforum that much as well? Maybe consider charging to view classifieds then.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
caliroots has cp's on sale as well.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Superfuture essentially has an everything goes system. It works only because there is 5 years of inertia, but a lot of users (me included), hate it, for obvious reasons, so we are not going to go that route.
Reverting to the old system (the bolded part) is absolutely not going to happen.
1) People can't do basic arithmetic or read rules, and we ended up doing a lot of moderation for nothing in return.
2) Also, not going to happen. The system was abused mercilessly. In the present implementation, you can comment, and it does nothing to bump, which is fair to all, and discourages asshat behavior, like bumping for friends, bumping each other's threads, etc...
The pay to bump system is here to stay. The concept is sound - we just have to adjust prices so that we get the fastest turnover in the market. Right now, there is no disincentive, because of the low prices (laughably low, actually) to drop prices. However, if a price drop is, say, $20 a pop, then sellers have pressure to price such that they will find buyers quickly, and/or to drop prices such that they do not spend inordinate amounts on bumps. Of course, if they just want to wait, that's fine too, but if you take away the autobump, or adjust it to once a month, that type of behavior, which makes the market stagnant, is discouraged. After Pitti, I'm going to take a serious look at the activity in B&S, see if there is a real problem, and adjust the pricing structures to address them if they exist.

what i don't understand is the vested interest in this. I understand this is your BB but what difference does having a no rules, minimal rules have on your forum? Personally, I think the SUFU one is annoying because it gets so hefty so quickly, but the same would happen if SF tried to do a once a month bump. I think the moderation within B&S should be minimal, let people buy and sell what they see fit. It doesn't affect the brand of SF to have an open market where people can buy and sell as they please. the current system is ok, I've learned to live with it. but pay to sell is pretty petty in my opinion. like i stated above, you might as well charge for membership or beg for donations if you guys are hurting for cash. People (me included) lower the price when they realized they have overestimated the value of their product. noone is going to buy my aldens for $100 off retail, so I adjust it accordingly to appeal to more people. I don't think I should have to pay to "bump" an ad that in no way negatively affects the going ons of styleforum, when I would like to consider myself a contributing member. christ, even stylezeigiest, where people get banned for sneezing doesn't have such a strict B&S.

palma

Reaction score

Don't know which is more annoying...
people repeatedly asking for codes posted in the prior page
OR
people seeking further discounts or complaining when discounts are already at 50% +
OR
the same ******* joke over-and-over again mocking the above two groups of people looking for discounts in a coupon thread
OR
anything whatever123 posts

LA Guy save this thread and temp ban any who commit the above 4. Number 3 especially...cockzzzzz

PS: What boots?

Last edited:

clausc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a solid business model to me ;)
Oki-Ni currently deducting a further 20% off sale items once added to the shopping bag.

What about VAT? I'm ready to pull the trigger on something but VAT is the only hold up.

I ordered a pair of Mr Hare shoes last night from Oki Ni. Being on sale, plus 20% off and reasonable shipping seemed a good deal. No VAT deduction (I'm in Switzerland, not in EU), but I'll send them an email.

Last edited:

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You need to email oki ni and ask them to put your account into the non-EU group and it'll auto deduct VAT for full price items. If you're buying sale items you have to email them and they'll manually deduct VAT.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Albam has started it's sale

thebunk

Reaction score
Well if we are calling for a ban, I better get in now before then and ask for a Tres Bien Coupon.

Can someone please PM me a Tres Bien Coupon? I would really love to pull the trigger on a Stark. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

eddievddr10

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i was too slow to grab the 42s in CP grey chukkas from tbs. anywhere else have them on sale? everyone that has them doesnt have my size or its retail :(

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sales at Bird in NYC begin today. They carry Geller, Phillip Lim, Our Legacy, Common Projects, etc. I believe everything is 50% off.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads