• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

styleforumfan

Reaction score
Passed through Nieman Marcus aiming to get lunch and saw they just added extra 20% off to sale items. I sense desperation.

Nah. They are just unloading the "fashion victim" junk that nobody wants. Most of the extra 20% off sale items look hideous.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nah. They are just unloading the "fashion victim" junk that nobody wants. Most of the extra 20% off sale items look hideous.
You are likely correct. Salesmen were hungrily hovering which might be the norm. I picked up some of their house brand casual and dress shirts for my kid along with a sweater. Passed up the goofy high-fashion stuff. They had plenty of Zegna, Cuccinelli, and LP on sale as well, though.

Last edited:

Amilio

Reaction score
I sent them an email almost two weeks ago about a messed up order and still no answer. I guess I have to call
Yeah I found that email is probably the least effective way of getting in touch with them. I've tried the online chat as well as calling and I keep getting the same "we're investigating what happened" response for 3 days now. Very frustrating. Got a label notice from DHL but that's it, nothing sent, and it's been a week. First couple of answers I received indicated that the label must've been scanned wrong and that the package may have already arrived/will arrive any day; now they're telling me something went wrong with the shipment and they're investigating.

I usually don't put much stock in Trust Pilot but if you look at Mr Porter's ranking and reviews, which closely resemble my recent experience, and compare it to say Matchesfashion.com I'd say that that's a pretty accurate representation of where the two are in terms of customer service and online shopping experience overall. It's really a shame because I've been a fan of Mr Porter's for some time now and I've see it touted around here. Wonder what happened.

Regg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone used Amex return protection on items purchased from international stores? The terms say purchase must be made in the US but I called and they couldn't confirm whether that included items from overseas purchased/shipped to the US

Yoox has some items at 25% off. Not a great sale imo
eleonorabonucci extra 20% off sale: 20EXTRA

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads