• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
www.matchesfashion.com - Sale: extra 20% off selected items with code EXTRA20
Note: For many items that qualify for the extra 20% off discount, Matches raised the sale price (ie, lowered the discount %). Items in my wishlist that had been 60% off are now 50% off plus the extra 20% off. In this example, the net effect is the same overall discounted price, but not so in other cases.

Also, note final sale for items taking the extra 20% off. So essentially you are getting the same or worse price as yesterday without the ability to return or exchange.

Last edited:

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Despite their apparent sneakiness, I think it goes without saying that matches if a great online retailer.

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like Matches for the most part also. They typically have very good buys and excellent customer service.

I was just pointing out something I noticed about their promotion. Some people won't care and they are certainly within their rights to change their discounting structure. I personally dislike it.

kaws N effect

Reaction score
they might as well just extend the previous sale, but I understand their tactic /illusion to grab more buyers by doing the latter.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like Matches for the most part also. They typically have very good buys and excellent customer service.

I was just pointing out something I noticed about their promotion. Some people won't care and they are certainly within their rights to change their discounting structure. I personally dislike it.
Their retail prices on some things are incredibly good though. If you care about sleepwear and candles, for example, their prices are consistently 15-25% lower for UK and EU brands.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Matches is one of my favorites. I’ll shop there before Mr P any day.

dadave

Reaction score
Guys need ur advice. I made an online purchase with cruvoir over 4th of July wknd. There was a code that worked for a discount on sale items. The merchant sent me an email to confirm order. They followed up two days later saying the order has been prepared for shipment. That same day they sent me a 3rd emailed saying my order has shipped. 5 days later the tracking number still shows that the order still needs to be dropped off and only a tracking number has been created. I contacted merchant, about it, they said it’s still waiting to be picked up. On the same email, they responded the promo code is no longer valid and we will need to charge additional $200 on ur original payment.

I talked to my credit card and they said this is not legal for them to hold my cc to charge me without my consent and it’s illegal to hold my cc details to begin. They said I don’t have to respond and will help me dispute, but ultimately I think merchant is holding my item until they charge me additional money that I never agreed to and they were the ones who messed up and should have never processed my order if it was the case. I still want the items for what I agreed to pay what the originally confirmed. What should I do??

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
As you describe the situation, their reason for denying the promo code makes no sense.

Hold your ground. Send them an email indicating you purchased the item on such date, that they sent you a confirmation of the purchase, and that you do not authorize them to make additional, unwarranted charges to your card. You want to have a paper trail documenting this. Have your credit card company handle the rest.

dadave

Reaction score
Thanks, I’m afraid if I send them that email, they will cancel my order and not ship it. Should I wait a few more days to see if it gets “picked up”?

I’ve only ordered from cruvoir twice and both times now have issue. First time they sent me the wrong size but this one is way more annoying

doctorman

Reaction score
Guys need ur advice. I made an online purchase with cruvoir over 4th of July wknd. There was a code that worked for a discount on sale items. The merchant sent me an email to confirm order. They followed up two days later saying the order has been prepared for shipment. That same day they sent me a 3rd emailed saying my order has shipped. 5 days later the tracking number still shows that the order still needs to be dropped off and only a tracking number has been created. I contacted merchant, about it, they said it’s still waiting to be picked up. On the same email, they responded the promo code is no longer valid and we will need to charge additional $200 on ur original payment.

I talked to my credit card and they said this is not legal for them to hold my cc to charge me without my consent and it’s illegal to hold my cc details to begin. They said I don’t have to respond and will help me dispute, but ultimately I think merchant is holding my item until they charge me additional money that I never agreed to and they were the ones who messed up and should have never processed my order if it was the case. I still want the items for what I agreed to pay what the originally confirmed. What should I do??

i would do my best to work it out with cruvoir - you can email them/call them or ask to escalate this to their manager/owner.

it makes no sense for them not to honor your discount code. but if i were you, i'd just cancel the entire order and not bother with it. i know you feel wronged but $200 is just not worth my time to go back and forth with them. any dispute beyond that, you can have your cc company handle it.

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If they have not shipped by now, it sounds as if they will not ship until you pay them the additional amount based on what you are saying. They may cancel your order, but they probably would have done so by now. I would send them the email adding that they should ship the item immediately and with no further delay.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads