• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MaxAll

Reaction score
quick FYI re: SSENSE: I’ve noticed that a some items from my SSense wishlist have increased in price (discount reduced). Not sure if they went from to private sale to regular sale or vice versa, but this is the first time I’ve seen this happen at SSENSE. Also noticed a lot of private sale items that are ‘flash’ sale this year, meaning on sale for a weekend or week and then removed from sale completely. This happened to all of the Creed fragrances for example. So be wary of waiting too long for price reductions on private sale items.

Editing to add that this removal from sale is also happening in the regular sale collection as well. For example, purchased Burberry gloves (212376M135004) at 190 USD last week and now it’s back at regular price of 490 USD.

MaxAll

Reaction score
Also re: SSENSE sale, i have noticed that certain pieces have inflated prices before discount, which is not something Ive seen in prior years. For example, CDLP undies are at full retail price AFTER the discount. Better off going to CDLP website and using a promo code. Hope that makes sense.

hobojones

Reaction score
Afaik, ssense uses an algorithm to determine prices based on demand/interest so I’m not too surprised with what you’re saying. That’s why you’ll get two totally different prices for the same article of clothing if one is black and one is orange.

qubed

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've had SSense prices increase or decrease constantly through sales for a couple years. I've chalked it up to either currency rates (I'm in USD, they're CAD based) or the just some kind of price optimizing algorithm a la Amazon.

Omega Man

Reaction score
Dynamic pricing. The more people click on the item / place on a watchlist, the more dynamic the prices will change...

MaxAll

Reaction score
Dynamic pricing. The more people click on the item / place on a watchlist, the more dynamic the prices will change...
I don’t think that pricing model applies to sale inventory. Sales are meant to increase clicks and turnover. Deeper discounts are meant to drive interest. The Sale price wouldnt then increase if the deeper discount worked to increase clicks... that would defeat the purpose of the sale. For the private sale; I believe it has to do with brand and category. certain brands and categories seem to be placed on sale for finite periods and then removed en mass. For the regular sale, I am
not sure what the metric is but it cannot be based on clicks.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1733338
Seasonal Sale is hitting harder now that I've started to receive some of my new SS21 shipments.
Hit me with any questions. TGIF baby
I was just about to post this lol. Guys, jump on this. Some of the best stuff for great prices from great guys. And you can style the different pieces in some very different ways. These guys do a softer style, but the stuff I have from them I incorporate into outfits with a darker vibe.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads