• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

zrn

Reaction score
hum I have something coming from Europe, it's <200 euro (so way less than 800 USD) via DHL, should I ask seller to change shipping option (like does DHL start putting custom fee even for stuff under 800 USD)
nah you're good. Customs fees are only for $800+ by law. So the only difference between the carriers is 1.if you get caught assuming its >$800 and 2.their independent processing fee for items that get the customs charge.

The problem with DHL is they have really high processing fees for packages that get charged by customs and they get you every single time.

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
hum I have something coming from Europe, it's <200 euro (so way less than 800 USD) via DHL, should I ask seller to change shipping option (like does DHL start putting custom fee even for stuff under 800 USD)
Don’t bother. You will be fine with DHL under $800.

Regg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

There are exceptions, however, I believe. Certain exotic materials for example may have fees without any cost threshold.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There are exceptions, however, I believe. Certain exotic materials for example may have fees without any cost threshold.

plain white sneaker, if I got dinged I would be like oh well...

LuxGentleman

Reaction score
SPECIAL 20% OFF ON WHOLE BELVEST COLLECTION

Check it now on : www.luxgentleman.com

** the discount code is not valid on products with OUTLET ribbons

BELVEST.jpg

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why would a vendor reimburse a customer for customs fees -- even as store credit -- unless a mistake was made (wrong value declared, for example, or customs fees included in purchase total and then accidentally charged again C.O.D.)?

Bluntly put, you ordered goods internationally, they crossed a border, and duties are due. Why would the sender pay them?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my order amount was 1144.82 USD and my custom fee was 231.53 USD via usps (there seems to be 2 different rate on my custom). So sense told me any order over 800 USD will be shipped via usps for the custom. They will reimburse the custom fee as store credit.
That's super generous of them. So....

www.ssense.com - Up To 70% Off At SSENSE.com

sood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The only reason I can think of is if the seller sold the goods DDP and a mistake was made somewhere along the way. Otherwise, it is very generous on the seller’s part.

yeah, ssense is ddp

International
We ship to over 40 countries with duties and taxes included. If applicable, duties and taxes will be included in the final price at check out and your order will be shipped DDP (Delivered Duty Paid). Upon delivery, you will not be required to pay any additional fees.

If duties and taxes are not included in the final price at check out, your order will be shipped DDU (Delivered Duty Unpaid). As such, your order may incur duties, fees and import taxes upon delivery. This charge is determined by your local customs authority and payment of these fees is obligatory if you wish to obtain your shipment. For further information, please consult your local customs office.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads