• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

monkey66

Reaction score
Having a number of friends along with myself with cancelled Mr. Porter orders. They're claiming our banks all collectively declined the payments and now the items are available on the site again after selling out at full price.

Anybody else experience this?
I gave up on a recent order after waiting weeks, useless at the moment.

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oops, never mind this post. (I thought Yoox accidentally had 25% off everything instead of just a selection, but I had a code applied in my cart that I forgot about.)

yunBW

Reaction score
Hi,

not sure where should I post this, I currently received my package from ssense with a absurd amount of custom fee while neither of my product is above $800 USD, but the total amount is over 1000 USD. I never had this happen before for any products that's under 800 USD, can someone help me to navigate through this?

mischief

Reaction score
Hi,

not sure where should I post this, I currently received my package from ssense with a absurd amount of custom fee while neither of my product is above $800 USD, but the total amount is over 1000 USD. I never had this happen before for any products that's under 800 USD, can someone help me to navigate through this?

I think your order total has to be below $800, not each item below $800, for it to avoid customs fees. That has been my experience with international orders anyway...

yunBW

Reaction score
Ok thank you, I'll keep in mind next time when ordering.

yunBW

Reaction score
out of curiosity what was the fee amount and who was the shipper?
my order amount was 1144.82 USD and my custom fee was 231.53 USD via usps (there seems to be 2 different rate on my custom). So sense told me any order over 800 USD will be shipped via usps for the custom. They will reimburse the custom fee as store credit.

zrn

Reaction score
my order amount was 1144.82 USD and my custom fee was 231.53 USD via usps (there seems to be 2 different rate on my custom). So sense told me any order over 800 USD will be shipped via usps for the custom. They will reimburse the custom fee as store credit.
I've heard it's a bit of a toss up with USPS in that sometimes they get you and sometimes they don't. Might be why they try to go with them. DHL is the worst of the 4 standard options for US shipping when it comes to customs fees.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've heard it's a bit of a toss up with USPS in that sometimes they get you and sometimes they don't. Might be why they try to go with them. DHL is the worst of the 4 standard options for US shipping when it comes to customs fees.

hum I have something coming from Europe, it's <200 euro (so way less than 800 USD) via DHL, should I ask seller to change shipping option (like does DHL start putting custom fee even for stuff under 800 USD)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads