• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CityHunter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
openingceremony extra 70% off. some odd stuff, some of it interesting I guess

I always felt OC stocked 40% cool/wearable items & 60% clothes from an intergalatic underwater rave, but in a bad way. Remember that Yoko Ono collaboration from some years ago? Oh boy

Maybe I'm just an old man who doesn't understand alien culture though

yunBW

Reaction score
I always felt OC stocked 40% cool/wearable items & 60% clothes from an intergalatic underwater rave, but in a bad way. Remember that Yoko Ono collaboration from some years ago? Oh boy

Maybe I'm just an old man who doesn't understand alien culture though
I feel OC is the kind of company I have to go in store for sale rather than looking online. They display undesirable pieces online while having the more demanding ones in store (LA store). A lot of stuff I see in store I couldn’t even find the brand in their website or a huge chunk of it is missing.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
20% off with 'FLASH20' at Off The Hook until 11am.

LuxGentleman

Reaction score

zenosparadox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not seen it posted, but Liberty of London has their sale on with 60% off some Drakes, Pantherella, Falke, Il Bussetto etc - https://www.libertylondon.com
A few nice things in this sale. But I'm frustrated by the trend of the larger UK retailers to make US customers (and I assume all other non-UK customers) shop items in their own currencies, with the VAT (or VAT-equivalent markup) still included alongside a premium on the exchange rate. And then, on top of that, Liberty also charges US sales tax. And I don't mind paying the latter, of course, but it feels excessive on top of paying a markup equivalent to the UK tax, which likely goes to the retailer.
In short, a 175 GBP item, which is just over 145 GBP without VAT (currently about 180 USD) works out to nearly $260 after everything. And then I'm hesitant to pay that markup on principle.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 16 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.2%

Staff online

Forum statistics