• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Regg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I guess I'm the asshole if I'm still surprised season after season at what kind of crowd the mrporter sale brings. But really, shouldn't you be on reddit by now? I heard the nordstromrack in Alaska has one pair of common projects on sale, you better go call them

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess I'm the asshole if I'm still surprised season after season at what kind of crowd the mrporter sale brings. But really, shouldn't you be on reddit by now? I heard the nordstromrack in Alaska has one pair of common projects on sale, you better go call them
Meh. I think that it's silly to be surprised or dismayed. There are always more people new to a hobby than people who are deep into into it, like the active posters here. I don't begrudge anyone their desire for a pair of Common Projects, or standard Margiela GATs, or whatever ir is.

I don't think that it shows anything other than newness to a hobby/interest/whatever.

I do think that it's better if both people deep into a hobby, whether it's clothing, or coin collecting, or whatever else, to be more tolerant, and for newbies to be more humble. Then everyone is just. happier.

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Any idea what size that last pair is?

norsefanboi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yea, I wouldn't go as far as calling you an asshole, but doesn't read very welcoming. What exactly are you referring to by 'kind of crowd'? Are you implying this sales thread is somehow on a different level to Reddit? Lmao

Regg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yea, I wouldn't go as far as calling you an asshole, but doesn't read very welcoming. What exactly are you referring to by 'kind of crowd'? Are you implying this sales thread is somehow on a different level to Reddit? Lmao

you're damn right I am. I just went to FMF and I couldn't even decide on which first page thread to post to prove my point. There's not one worthwhile post there. But I really didn't post to get into an argument; if you want to shop at mrporter, be my guest

mykii2704

Reaction score
you're damn right I am. I just went to FMF and I couldn't even decide on which first page thread to post to prove my point. There's not one worthwhile post there. But I really didn't post to get into an argument; if you want to shop at mrporter, be my guest

I'm still confused; MFM is pretty different from here, but what's wrong with Mr. Porter? I like 5% of what they curate, but that 5% is a good offering to me IMO. I just ignore the hype brands (Common Projects etc.) and move on to what I enjoy, and if it is on sale then that's all the better.

norsefanboi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I mean given you started your post with 'i guess I'm the asshole' you knew you were writing some unnecessary ****. Anything that starts with that phrase is not worth posting

Regg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm still confused; MFM is pretty different from here, but what's wrong with Mr. Porter? I like 5% of what they curate, but that 5% is a good offering to me IMO. I just ignore the hype brands (Common Projects etc.) and move on to what I enjoy, and if it is on sale then that's all the better.

There's nothing wrong with it, I just found it annoying that I likewise find about 5% interesting is bringing out a bunch of people who usually don't post here to post a bunch of garbage about what % off is in the private sale that you either have or don't have. I acknowledge I'm being pedantic

I mean given you started your post with 'i guess I'm the asshole' you knew you were writing some unnecessary ****. Anything that starts with that phrase is not worth posting

So go back to reddit and don't respond

Ok let’s get back to topic folks

?

norsefanboi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's nothing wrong with it, I just found it annoying that I likewise find about 5% interesting is bringing out a bunch of people who usually don't post here to post a bunch of garbage about what % off is in the private sale that you either have or don't have. I acknowledge I'm being pedantic

So go back to reddit and don't respond

?
Ok yea you are definitely being an asshole :)

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What in the hell are MFM and FMF?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads