Official Sales Alert thread - sales, coupon and discount codes

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Jun 22, 2007.

1. Geocities97

Geocities97 Member

Decent offerings at end clothing. Went there for my Quoddy needs as a result of the TBS shitshow.

2. stevent

stevent Senior member

After new years normally

3. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

everything everywhere is on sale for the next 48 hrs kopkopkop before all gets donated away forever lost

4. Geocities97

Geocities97 Member

I take it you're browsing the sales alert thread for the lulz, then? Leave the posting to us plebs, please. It's ridiculous enough as is.

5. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

6. ThomSquared

ThomSquared Senior member

What's the deal with needsupply and context? Do they typically skip after christmas sales?

7. Keoke

Keoke Senior member

Couple of sales now on at European stores

Hibrid, Slovenia has 30% on Plokhov, Lanvin and some Rick Owens http://www.hibrid.si/men/designers/alexandre-plokhov

Apropos, Germany 50% off on Alex Wang, Jil Sander, YSL, Rick Owens http://www.apropos-store.com/shopby/designer/detail/filter/807/?limit=54

Cotton, Italy 30%-50% off on Rick Owens, BBS, Givenchy, Marsell.
    http://en.cottonclubshop.com/man/

Flannels, UK has 30% off on MM, Lanvin & DVN but seem quite high priced to begin with.
    http://www.flannelsfashion.com/designers/men/lanvin/lanvin-sale.aspx

8. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or

The problem is they don't force people to do price drops for a bump anymore. Because of this, things sit there far longer without any movement downward in price. Takes away the excitement for buyers and has hurt sellers themselves even if they don't realize it.

9. akatsuki

akatsuki Senior member

Well that, plus frankly I think people have gotten pretty greedy. I have seen plenty listed for more than it would cost new if you do just a little bit of digging (I think there is a Nanamica jacket on there that islike that right now for example). Also the single item listing nature means stuff gets bumped off fast...

10. WhoKnewI

WhoKnewI Senior member

^^ or you could just PM the seller with a reasonable offer. I've gotten pms like, "hey I know your selling for 150, but can you do 100 shipped to China. Will paypal you right away if yes." :plain:

11. corneliusparky

corneliusparky Senior member

LOL, I get ones like that, sometimes say yes just to get rid of stuff and the people never get back to me. Stylin dudes on kopping sprees be mercurial yo.

12. whatever123

whatever123 Senior member

context did there sale earlier this month, which is actually smart if you think about it. they may do a flash sale for the new year but you never really know with them. i would just keep checking or you can call or email and they may tell you if/when if you are a regular customer.

13. APK

APK Senior member

This thread would support that. I love this place, but whoever said that this is more of a shopping forum than a fashion one wasn't totally off the mark. As with any enthusiast forum, you're going to see quite a few members who seem to be concerned with chasing down great deals before anything else. I say this as someone who was at times guilty of that on other forums. You have a mild interest in a hobby that turns into a fixation because of the chase for those great finds and/or deals.

Why does that bother you. Didn't you just respond to a code request with a fake code?

14. deejaysoy

deejaysoy Senior member

I agree.. you have to wait forever for a bump... I use to sell all the time, now its just cumbersome..

15. URALLMORONS

URALLMORONS Senior member

This forum is very driven as a selling/deal forum and it kind of disgusts me. I will look for a code but I dont come here solely for that purpose. I work at a store in downtown Chicago on weekend and a particular member here buys stuff online with a discount code and then forces his a stacked student discount just so he can come on here and sell it for 15-20% above what he pays for it. If it doesn't sell within 3-4 weeks he ends up returning it.

I laugh every time he comes in cause he returns stuff in M and L and he is surely a S or a XS.

Kinda sad too in a way....