• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

eddievddr10

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Paypal works well for me. It's linked to my Etsy shop, and the Paypal debit card does not have any fees and is supremely more user friendly than having to transfer funds to checking accounts.

i believe its linked to your bank account so there is no transferring,also paypal takes a 3.5 fee

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What paypal gives, paypal can take away. I like having my money out of paypal and in my bank. At least I can feel like its mine.

I only use it for selling on Etsy, so I never have issues.

i believe its linked to your bank account so there is no transferring,also paypal takes a 3.5 fee

It takes 3-4 business days to get funds from my Paypal account to my checking account. The fee is worth the convenience to me.

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
yea paypal is the worst, im actually setting up a site online and the bank told me that i should not sign up for paypal until i have a credit card processor. He said the cc processors hate paypal so much they wont do business with you if they see your signed up to paypal.
Personally im hearing great things about dwolla, links to you bank account and only charges .25 cents for any sized transaction.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Bitcoin! lol.

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Tween, you ever make it over to the Phillip Lim sale? Wondering how it was. I probably won't make it today.

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Hey Tween, you ever make it over to the Phillip Lim sale? Wondering how it was. I probably won't make it today.

I actually just came back to post that I didn't make it there for lunch, I've been going non stop today and just got a break now, but won't have enough time to go, especially if there will be lines. I'm going to head there immediately after work though at 5 so I'll report back.

Last edited:

eddievddr10

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
btw i can proxy for someone a nwt n.hoolywood suit brown houndstooth in a size 40 (its a pretty decent price) 50% linen and 50% wool pm me if you want it

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

"We're sorry, but this style is excluded from the current promotion. If you are interested in purchasing this item, simply call 800 562 0258."
Boots are working, longwings are not.

=(. Was contemplating on getting somebody to proxy me LWB in the waxed, but guess that is off the table. Would have pulled the trigger on LWB in the alpine, but they don't have my size during the last 30% promo.

clausc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

random insert here
But togsandclogs is having an 30% off sale + the 20% off if you are not in an EU country that ends tonight.
on the side note, can anyone give some help with the two jackets? which one to kop?

I was not familiar with this shop and was considering a pair of Acne jeans (torn between Roc and Max models). Good prices considering the 30% off and no VAT. Instead of buying the jeans, I ended up purchasing this Hixsept & Liberty Plural Waxed Jacket in honey, I doubt anybod is familiar with this new French brand, available also at Por Vocação

Last edited:

AchtungBaby07

Reaction score
In case you guys don't know about it yet.

Tres Bien Shop is having a 20% off all footwear now till Dec 5th

Happy kopping!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

tv2177

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I was not familiar with this shop and was considering a pair of Acne jeans (torn between Roc and Max models). Good prices considering the 30% off and no VAT. Instead of buying the jeans, I ended up purchasing this Hixsept & Liberty Plural Waxed Jacket in honey, I doubt anybod is familiar with this new French brand, available also at Por Vocação

looks good for a winter coat, even tho I have no idea about this brand and I ended up buying the navy coat....

habitant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Warning to all canadians returning items in the states:

I spent 261 US dollars which came to 279 CAD. I received my refund today on Visa.. 261.30. F***ers stole 18$ from me for this. The currency only changed a cent in this time.

JohnnyLaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Warning to all canadians returning items in the states:
I spent 261 US dollars which came to 279 CAD. I received my refund today on Visa.. 261.30. F***ers stole 18$ from me for this. The currency only changed a cent in this time.

That's because VISA decides what the exchange rate will be for credit card transactions. They obviously take a certain percentage for themselves.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, you have to be quick.

Edit: Gah, now thinking about cap toe boots...

Whats the drill to kop this 'quick'?

Amazingly, it usually takes them a couple days to catch on that people are buying third party stuff on sale. Theyve been running so many continuous sales, though. I doubt they want to completely take down JCIGC since its the holidays.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics