Official Sales Alert thread - sales, coupon and discount codes

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Jun 22, 2007.

1. CityHunter

CityHunter Senior member

Kinda got lost with the whole Mr. Porter/Corner/Ssense shitshow, so please forgive me if this was mentioned already:

STEVEN ALAN
    LOS ANGELES Sample Sale
    What:
    30-75% off a wide selection of Men's and Women's Collections from Steven Alan
    and Other Featured Designers

6063 W Sunset Boulevard
    (Between N Gower and La Baig Ave)
    * PARKING AVAILABLE ON SITE*

Dates:
    Thursday, December 1 - Sunday, December 4

Times:
    Thursday, December 1 - 8:30am - 8pm
    Friday, December 2 - 8:30am - 8pm
    Saturday, December 3 - 11am - 7pm
    Sunday, December 4 - 11am - 5pm

Examples:
    Men’s Button Down Shirts – were $178 now $78
    Men’s Pants – were $198 now $79
    Men’s Jackets – were $435 now $175
    Women’s Sweaters – were $248 now $99
    Women’s Dresses – were $325 now $129
    Women’s Woven Tops – were $168 now $68

Even if you are not a SA fan, in my experience they carried some pretty good 3rd party stuff in the past sample sales - Common Projects, Quoddy, Engineered Garments, RRL, W+H, Post O' Alls, etc. But don't expect this stuff to be there. Just a possibility.

2. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Anyone receive a shipping confirmation from the corner?

3. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

just spoke with yoox about a return i had sent, they are so backed up, and i asked about thecorner, she confirmed 1 billion orders placed on monday so the warehouse is backed up. poor apes are working overtime :(

the boat should be landing today, shipping out tonight or tmrw morn

Last edited: Nov 30, 2011

4. dgonsh

dgonsh Senior member

I spoke with the Corner yesterday (tuesday around 4pm). My package was expected to arrive from Italy at the NJ warehouse sometime today (wednesday). Said it should go out by wednesday afternoon or thursday morning. Im shipping to Buffalo, so said I could have it by Friday afternoon or Monday latest, barring any unforeseen circumstances. Said I should receive a shipping confirmation from NJ today.

5. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

lol. It's true though. Me, though, I'm not really like that. I have a "list" in my head, of things I'd like, and early in the season, I get some things, or wait until Christmas (Alfred Sargent and/or Trickers custom makes) and then wait for others that I am pretty sure will get to sale, or that I don't want enough at retail (like the CP high top shelltoes, which I've seen in person, and which are cool, but not $400+ cool). So, for those items, I wait like a tiger.

There are other, smaller purchases that are targets of opportunity. For example, I need some pullovers, henleys, etc..., and if those pop up,

6. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

lol. It's true though. Me, though, I'm not really like that. I have a "list" in my head, of things I'd like, and early in the season, I get some things, or wait until Christmas (Alfred Sargent and/or Trickers custom makes) and then wait for others that I am pretty sure will get to sale, or that I don't want enough at retail (like the CP high top shelltoes, which I've seen in person, and which are cool, but not $400+ cool). So, for those items, I wait like a tiger.

There are other, smaller purchases that are targets of opportunity. For example, I need some pullovers, henleys, etc..., and if those pop up, in I go. And of course, belts are always targets of opportunity.

7. stevent

stevent Senior member

The corner usually takes 2-3 days to process anyways, so if you kopped on Monday, it's still within normal processing times...

8. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

9. snake

snake Senior member

My sympathy goes out to those who share the same waist size as Fok.

10. surrender

surrender Senior member

I'm in the same boat now - I used to make a ton of impulse buys off Gilt, B&S, and other sales listed here. I live in a city that doesn't have much in the way of designer clothes, especially after the Co-Op in the Galleria shut down, so I would buy things that looked good online, but without an idea of how they would actually fit on me.

Over the past year, I've been working on minimizing my wardrobe and selling or donating the stuff that I don't wear at all. My sale buys were things I had earmarked earlier this year, or even the year before - new slim/skinny jeans, a pair of khakis, and an SNS Stark. Still blind purchases, but SNS aside, from brands that I already owned.

11. 1969

1969 Senior member

Cause you're running low?

12. seattlesf

seattlesf Senior member

Lots of Thom Browne shirts at 40% off at Barneys.

13. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

Making a "To Buy" list helps. I have a doc with all my clothes, what is needed and what is wanted. The old wardrobe thread helped a lot in creating my list. We should have a new one.

Hope you like the CPs, LA Guy. I almost bought but I haven't worn chucks in a long time.

14. zissou

zissou Senior member

I'm in the same boat these days. Each season, there are usually a couple of things for which I'm willing to pay full price because they are so nice. I'll sometimes wait for sales on them, but they usually either never go on sale, or they disappear as soon as they go on sale. Otherwise, I'm always in the market for some nice socks or tees. I don't really need/want anything else.

I know people who are truly addicted to buying itself. Sure, I like to buy stuff, but it's more focused on having a nice wardrobe or a comfortable home for me. I hate buying stuff that I don't truly want or need.

15. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

+1... I'm stalking those Puzzle High-Tops....!! $550 @ Barney's now...do they typically discount more as the season goes on? I really think they should give me a better deal to kop! :lol: