• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

andrewgreg

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shahanshah
Did you try calling stores ? It seems they are very helpful in locating products not on the website even if at other branches. I got some shoes from Chicago after calling NY store before. I guess they make commission of phone sales too? Not sure, but they called me back to let me know it was shipped right away etc. Only thing is they charged for shipping whereas the website doesn't.

the website does not charge for ground, for 2nd air is 18 and next day air is 25.
But it may take up to 5 bus days to let your order sent.

I rather to call the store pay ground shipping (12 bucks) to let my order sent right away.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shahanshah
Did you try calling stores ? It seems they are very helpful in locating products not on the website even if at other branches. I got some shoes from Chicago after calling NY store before. I guess they make commission of phone sales too? Not sure, but they called me back to let me know it was shipped right away etc. Only thing is they charged for shipping whereas the website doesn't.

They are usually more helpful when it isn't sale season. They tend to get so busy in-store that you'll be on hold for a while until you realized you have been forgotten.

But yah, that is the other problem, their online stock is pretty much their store stock so the sizer can be online still but if it sold in the store then it is gone but they usually won't update the website until later in the day or the next. And them informing you takes even longer.

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
They are usually more helpful when it isn't sale season. They tend to get so busy in-store that you'll be on hold for a while until you realized you have been forgotten.

But yah, that is the other problem, their online stock is pretty much their store stock so the sizer can be online still but if it sold in the store then it is gone but they usually won't update the website until later in the day or the next. And them informing you takes even longer.

I actually think this is not true. Their online store operates as basically another store, or so I've been told by a couple of SA's. That is to say, if you can't find stock of something you want online, you are better off calling every location until you find it. The problem with the online store is that the stock doesn't update quickly enough, so they take multiple orders and then only fill whatever order was 1st in line. Their store is also a huge operation, maybe it is understaffed, I don't know. I've called to ask for shoe width on at least one occasion in off-season time and they were unwilling to locate the pair for me and look for the width - they said it was in the stock room and I just had to purchase it to see.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
As I was typing I just got an email from Barneys (kind of creepy), they shipped one of the two items I ordered but do they tell you the other item have been cancelled? Nope!
Originally Posted by MSSneaker
I actually think this is not true. Their online store operates as basically another store, or so I've been told by a couple of SA's.
Nope, been told by the manager and sales supervisor that the online stock is the store stock. This may have chanced since they have changed their online system a few months ago, you couldn't return items in-store anymore like last year.

bananananana

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
damn both my barneys.com and mrporter orders have been "processing" for at least 1 whole day now. Mrporter order was Monday night and still processing, barneys was yesterday morning...

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
As I was typing I just got an email from Barneys (kind of creepy), they shipped one of the two items I ordered but do they tell you the other item have been cancelled? Nope!

Nope, been told by the manager and sales supervisor that the online stock is the store stock. This may have chanced since they have changed their online system a few months ago, you couldn't return items in-store anymore like last year.

Well, maybe it only reflects the NYC flagship, but it definitely doesn't reflect various Co-Op store stock or the Chicago, SF, or Beverly Hills locations.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MSSneaker
Well, maybe it only reflects the NYC flagship, but it definitely doesn't reflect various Co-Op store stock or the Chicago, SF, or Beverly Hills locations.
Oh yeah, my fault if it wasn't clear but the website stock is just the NY store stock. That's what I meant.
biggrin.gif
Originally Posted by bananananana
damn both my barneys.com and mrporter orders have been "processing" for at least 1 whole day now. Mrporter order was Monday night and still processing, barneys was yesterday morning...
Did you use regular shipping or express? I'd call just to confirm your order if you're worried.

hrv123

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Zeemon
It sucks that almost every high end european store has sales only for US-customers

And which stores would that be...?

kwoyeu

Reaction score
creatures of comfort, 30%, ervell stuff included (but no cpz)

Untitled_1.gif

flyguy7

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bananananana

similar. I ordered from barneys june 1 at the crack of dawn and only got the confirmation e-mail. worried they sold out my shoe size, think the F+Bs I ordered were in high demand

BlackToothedGrin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ordered a TB shirt on June 1 at 40% off only to find it back at full price with my size still in stock today. Barneys, I thought you were cool.

ETA: Barney's you are still alright with me. Shipment notification received.

Desi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Someone PM me when NomadShop gets some free shipping codes. ****'s ridiculous.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
ordered from barneys wednesday package arrived today

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Billy Reid store in Dallas Texas at the Northpark mall is moving on Monday. They have a bunch of items on deep discount because of this till Sunday. A rack of $700 sportscoats for $179 and $200 shirts for $59. Plus some shoes. Worth stoping buy if you live in the area. Never seen the brand this discounted.

I'm leaving town soon or I would offer a proxy. They might do some phone orders if you call.

Going to cross post this on MC.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads