• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BlackToothedGrin
Could someone with some knowledge tell me how risky it would be to submerge a leather boot in water for a few days? My main concern would be sole integrity.

yeah thats my concern as well. the leather would get super hard and brittle
uhoh.gif

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Could someone with some knowledge tell me how risky it would be to submerge a leather boot in water for a few days? My main concern would be sole integrity.

I don't know, but I think it could be a really bad idea to try to replicate the W+H version...yourself.

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Umm no knowledge but I would think its very risky. I don't think its as simple as dunking them in water. But if you ballys go for it with your 300 dollar boots.

BlackToothedGrin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't think I have the balls to try it. May just have to distress the old fashioned way: getting drunk and raising hell in them

Gagno905

Reaction score
Just got a pair in charcoal nubuck with a topy. Came to $347 after tax (I'm in Canada).

shibbel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Curious_George
If those are indeed the brown oiled version, I'm sold. Those look fantastic. Does anyone know if E widths are being offered? I know from the W+H version there seemed to be a mix of D and E widths available.

These are pretty much all being custom made- they can make whatever width you need.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
one really long strand of leather. you'll never need to replace them

omar white

Reaction score
woah, i went to click on the Sales Alert thread and instead must've clicked on the Dayton Boots thread. my bad.

bapelolol

Reaction score
Does anyone have any pics of the dayton service boots in nubuck non w+h version?

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bdeuce22
one really long strand of leather. you'll never need to replace them

Unless you used it to temporarily tie up some weird piece that was dragging on the bottom of your car after you hit a cat going 60.
frown.gif

Where can I get laces like that? I haven't worn my Dayton in months because the sole died + I need new laces

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by omar white
woah, i went to click on the Sales Alert thread and instead must've clicked on the Dayton Boots thread. my bad.
el oh el

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by g transistor
Where can I get laces like that? I haven't worn my Dayton in months because the sole died + I need new laces
Leather craft shops tend to have similar leather laces in spool form blinkblink at Blackbird online for 20% off over $100 until April 8th Edit: Doesn't work on sale items
frown.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads