Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Official Sales Alert thread - sales, coupon and discount codes

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Jun 22, 2007.

1. ltb

ltb Senior Member

Dammit, I had resigned myself to not getting one. Now to decide whether to cop...

this.
    ivory was sold out in my size, so it made the choice easy. I think I prefer the blue, anyway.

2. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I've never owned a knit with sleeves that short from any other maker.

3. dls6128

dls6128 Senior Member

Is the body slim enough to size up? I'm normally between a 36/38 but I have long arms. Trying to decide between a S and a M.

4. brimley

brimley Senior Member

Dammit.

If anyone is looking for an ivory Ervell fairisle in L at the Gilt price, PM me, sounds like it won't work for me.

5. PG2G

PG2G Distinguished Member

Body length is pretty short from what I remember too, I've pretty much taken Ervell off my list.

6. gdl203

Is the body slim enough to size up? I'm normally between a 36/38 but I have long arms. Trying to decide between a S and a M.
    Body is slim. I had to return an L to get an XL, and even then the sleeve length is barely acceptable. Body is still okay - not too boxy
    Body length is pretty short from what I remember too, I've pretty much taken Ervell off my list.
    Body length is on the short side but I find it less problematic than sleeves that ride up 2 or 3" from the wrist bone

7. Meis

Meis Distinguished Member

Dammit, I had resigned myself to not getting one. Now to decide whether to cop... do the sleeves and body run short on these?

same. I logged on the instant the sale began and the fair isle sweaters sold out immediately (at least in the small sizes) so I just copped the khaki sueded jeans... now that its back up I grabbed the blue fair isle.
    Damn them... I really don't need to buy more shit.

8. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Aaron's of Eastham is having a pretty sick Barbour sale. There's a few ToKiTo styles in there too.

http://www.aaronsofeastham.com/cpoin...logStyleId=716

I just picked up the Horse Riding Jacket. The site is a little prehistoric, and it's tough to tell whether or not they actually have the inventory that they're advertising, but I've successfully bought from these guys a few times in the past.

9. stroke5

stroke5 Well-Known Member

anyone know if nomad is responsive to sizing/measurement questions?

10. dls6128

dls6128 Senior Member

Thanks for the tips guys, pulled the trigger on a M. Crossing my fingers, but you'll probably see it in the B&S. FYI I let go of the last S in Ivory so now's your chance to pick it up if you want it...

11. newinny

newinny Senior Member

I just let go of an ivory in M. I have an ervell cardigan that was super flimsy and cheaply made. Not going down that path again.

12. tonio028

tonio028 Distinguished Member

I've never been able to size down in any brand regardless of fit with the exception of J. Crew, which is that way for obvious reasons and it's the same for me in Ervell. The sweaters I've owned from PE run TTS and yes, sleeves and body a bit on the short side, but they weren't unwearable or enough to make me get rid of/return with the exception of the pima cotton sweaters from this past SS10, which I believe did run a size small in terms of sleeve length and body. The others were pretty true.

I just let go of an ivory in M. I have an ervell cardigan that was super flimsy and cheaply made. Not going down that path again.

Just curious which cardigan you were referring to?

13. gdl203

FWIW, I am talking very specifically about this PE sweater when I comment on length (the fair isle alpaca one)

14. tonio028

tonio028 Distinguished Member

FWIW, I am talking very specifically about this PE sweater when I comment on length (the fair isle alpaca one)

Well can't argue with that now can we? So you suggest a size up in this one then huh?

15. gdl203

Well can't argue with that now can we? So you suggest a size up in this one then huh?

If you have long arms, yes. If you have short or average arms, you may be fine. I don't think there's a universal fit recommendation when it comes to sleeve length.