• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yup that’s what I thought except one place I couldn’t remember, couldn’t change currency at check out outside what they default based on your IP for whatever reason (seems odd, feels like would be easier to default to their desired currency) regardless payment method

MaxAll

Reaction score
L
With PayPal you have the option of just paying the default currency of the store and using your Bank/Card’s conversion rate…
Not sure I understand. I’m in the US and use the US Mr. Porter site. There is no exchange rate that applies as far as I‘m aware.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Didn't know you could use bank exchange rate with PayPal. I agree their rate isn't good. I've used my B of A debit card to buy something off ssense once and they charged a conversion fee or something making the rate bad too. Not sure if the bank fee would get tacked on if using the rate with PayPal.

The best route is to get a credit card with no foreign transaction fee. I use capital one and the conversions are much, much better than PayPal and my debit card plus I get 1.5% cash back. I compared the conversion rate on a purchase I made last year to that of PayPal and I saved $6 or $7.

Last edited:

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
57CB4538-7954-4FA0-B150-953F1B3FB143.jpeg
AFF39205-9D9C-427A-B7EF-60F80E7DCFCD.jpeg

HAPPY NEW YEAR
ZFACTORIE END OF YEAR SALE NOW ON!

Enjoy our sale with 30 - 50% off on all FW21/22 menswear and Womenswear.
No code necessary, items are marked at sale prices.

Enjoy extra 50 percent off on all past season sale items with code: NEWYEAR50.

Last edited:

Watanabeman

Reaction score
OH OH OH !!
Graduate - Private Sales - Up to 50% off - Stone Island / AMI Paris / A.P.C. and many more !

Featured Sponsor

What do you spend most of your clothing budget on?

• Outerwear

• Tailoring

• Sportswear

• Footwear

• Accessories

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leatherwear