• We would like to welcome Ratio Clothing as an official Affiliate Vendor. Ratio Clothing specializes in American-made custom shirts offered at a fair price with guaranteed perfect fit. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

smittycl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Back from vacation and took a few extra days to recover and address to-do list. Passed through Nieman Marcus aiming to get lunch and saw they just added extra 20% off to sale items. I sense desperation.

Got some early Christmas presents for my kids.

styleforumfan

Reaction score
Passed through Nieman Marcus aiming to get lunch and saw they just added extra 20% off to sale items. I sense desperation.
Nah. They are just unloading the "fashion victim" junk that nobody wants. Most of the extra 20% off sale items look hideous.

smittycl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nah. They are just unloading the "fashion victim" junk that nobody wants. Most of the extra 20% off sale items look hideous.
You are likely correct. Salesmen were hungrily hovering which might be the norm. I picked up some of their house brand casual and dress shirts for my kid along with a sweater. Passed up the goofy high-fashion stuff. They had plenty of Zegna, Cuccinelli, and LP on sale as well, though.

Last edited:

Amilio

Reaction score
I sent them an email almost two weeks ago about a messed up order and still no answer. I guess I have to call
Yeah I found that email is probably the least effective way of getting in touch with them. I've tried the online chat as well as calling and I keep getting the same "we're investigating what happened" response for 3 days now. Very frustrating. Got a label notice from DHL but that's it, nothing sent, and it's been a week. First couple of answers I received indicated that the label must've been scanned wrong and that the package may have already arrived/will arrive any day; now they're telling me something went wrong with the shipment and they're investigating.

I usually don't put much stock in Trust Pilot but if you look at Mr Porter's ranking and reviews, which closely resemble my recent experience, and compare it to say Matchesfashion.com I'd say that that's a pretty accurate representation of where the two are in terms of customer service and online shopping experience overall. It's really a shame because I've been a fan of Mr Porter's for some time now and I've see it touted around here. Wonder what happened.

Featured Sponsor

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOP FOR CLOTHES ONLINE?

• I mainly buy my clothes online.

• I shop online only if there is a sale.

• I shop online when shipping and returns are free.

• I shop in store only for very expensive items I want to try on.

• I mainly shop in store.

Results are only viewable after voting.