• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

dadave

Reaction score
Thanks, I’m afraid if I send them that email, they will cancel my order and not ship it. Should I wait a few more days to see if it gets “picked up”?

I’ve only ordered from cruvoir twice and both times now have issue. First time they sent me the wrong size but this one is way more annoying

doctorman

Reaction score
Guys need ur advice. I made an online purchase with cruvoir over 4th of July wknd. There was a code that worked for a discount on sale items. The merchant sent me an email to confirm order. They followed up two days later saying the order has been prepared for shipment. That same day they sent me a 3rd emailed saying my order has shipped. 5 days later the tracking number still shows that the order still needs to be dropped off and only a tracking number has been created. I contacted merchant, about it, they said it’s still waiting to be picked up. On the same email, they responded the promo code is no longer valid and we will need to charge additional $200 on ur original payment.

I talked to my credit card and they said this is not legal for them to hold my cc to charge me without my consent and it’s illegal to hold my cc details to begin. They said I don’t have to respond and will help me dispute, but ultimately I think merchant is holding my item until they charge me additional money that I never agreed to and they were the ones who messed up and should have never processed my order if it was the case. I still want the items for what I agreed to pay what the originally confirmed. What should I do??

i would do my best to work it out with cruvoir - you can email them/call them or ask to escalate this to their manager/owner.

it makes no sense for them not to honor your discount code. but if i were you, i'd just cancel the entire order and not bother with it. i know you feel wronged but $200 is just not worth my time to go back and forth with them. any dispute beyond that, you can have your cc company handle it.

bry2000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If they have not shipped by now, it sounds as if they will not ship until you pay them the additional amount based on what you are saying. They may cancel your order, but they probably would have done so by now. I would send them the email adding that they should ship the item immediately and with no further delay.

oulipien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I once ordered something from cruvoir via farfetch, when farfetch was having a sale; cruvoir then claimed to be sold out and farfetch refunded me. The item was still in stock on cruvoir's website and I ended up buying it from them when cruvoir ran its own first-party sale. It doesn't surprise me at all that they'd try to pull this.

dadave

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. Honestly I had the same incident with cruvoir on farfetch too where they said item was sold but still on their website! I ended up buying with the promo code.

If I do contact them about “please ship my items ASAP”, should I not mention that u don’t authorize the additional charge??

melonadejello

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol the Cruvoir guy took fake pre orders for Robert Geller SS13 before he started his store, I'm still completely shocked that he has a business

doctorman

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. Honestly I had the same incident with cruvoir on farfetch too where they said item was sold but still on their website! I ended up buying with the promo code.

If I do contact them about “please ship my items ASAP”, should I not mention that u don’t authorize the additional charge??
i'm sure once you wrote them "please ship my item ASAP" they will do so immediately, because they're just waiting for that instruction.

pardon the sarcasm. they clearly don't plan to honor your code. so either work it out with them - convince/beg them to honor the code or forget this. and forget them.

bry2000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'm sure once you wrote them "please ship my item ASAP" they will do so immediately, because they're just waiting for that instruction.

pardon the sarcasm. they clearly don't plan to honor your code. so either work it out with them - convince/beg them to honor the code or forget this. and forget them.
I only said he should write to ship right away so that he creates a paper trail of the events. Having a paper trail with a clear chronology of events will help when disputing charges with the credit card company or when going to small claims court.

Pardon the sarcasm, but I am sure you know this.

doctorman

Reaction score
I only said he should write to ship right away so that he creates a paper trail of the events. Having a paper trail with a clear chronology of events will help when disputing charges with the credit card company or when going to small claims court.

Pardon the sarcasm, but I am sure you know this.
i get what you mean - having paper trail is important and all email exchanges are evidence in the event of lawsuits/claim courts.

i just don't think we will or should ever get to that point. from the description, i don't believe the retailer wants to honor the discount code. prove me wrong @cruvoir. if that's the case, all the buyer needed to do is cancel the order and that's all his cc company needs.

dadave

Reaction score
thanks all. i might give it one more day, but hopefully everything gets resolved.

pediwear

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
seven days only and only applies to existing stock.

Attachments

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.