1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Official Sales Alert thread - sales, coupon and discount codes

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Jun 22, 2007.

1. Irish

Irish Senior Member

Anyone familiar with Hickey Freeman's Hamilton fit ("H-fit")? They're HF main line, but it must be a new cut—can't find any info on it here or elsewhere. Slim fit, light padding. There are a bunch marked down (EXTRA30): http://www.hickeyfreeman.com/sale/999/dept

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

3. Fulton

Fulton Active Member

After trying many brands I became a fan of Zamberlans. I have only tried their full grain Italian options (e.g. VIOS), not their lighter/cheaper models. But you should be able to easily find them for 20% off, and more reduction on the lighter models.

4. justridiculous

justridiculous Distinguished Member

@Mariokartfever I do some hiking and backpacking (less than I used to) and have tried out a number of different boots over the years. Here's what I landed on last summer after messing up my feet on a pair of incorrectly sized Zamberlan boots:

https://www.rei.com/rei-garage/prod...36=&RMID=OrderConfirm_PROD&RRID=2384922&ev11=

These are certainly not the "nicest" pair of hiking boots I've owned, nor the most expensive, but man... they are crazy comfortable. No break-in period. So far, I've put about 80-100 miles on them and they are awesome.

5. razl

razl Stylish Dinosaur

I do a good amount of hiking and outdoor activities year round in lots of environments, there is no one-size-fits-all answer. You need a lot more detail to get good answers for your feet - where are you hiking? how long/far? do you need waterproof? what temp - sub zero, cold, moderate, hot? are your feet normally hot or cold? do your feet need special consideration for the arch, pronation, heel, or other "oddities"? are you going to wear heavy or light socks? etc. It's the same set of questions/issues as dress shoes but with the added pile of environmental concerns...

Best advice - start a thread and ask there.

6. eyeheartny

eyeheartny Senior Member

Can anyone here proxy for an item from Norway? The retailer (Varsity Headwear) doesn't ship to the US. If no one personally can do it, are there proxy services that could work?

7. Fulton

Fulton Active Member

I did not mean to imply above that Zamberlans are the be all and end all. As others have noted feet are different, and it depends in some part on what you are doing (though I personally use the same type of boots for pretty much everything short of a walk around the block). But Zamberlans worked for me when ~10 other brands had been disastrous. If I hadn't found them I would have gone custom. But sizing is odd - I am a 43 medium in most shoes but have 11.5 and 12 in Zamberlans.

8. Mariokartfever

Mariokartfever Distinguished Member

9. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

www.786Fridge.nl - SALE CONTINUES: UP TO 70% OFF! | NEXT ROUND | ONLINE & IN-STORE