• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

skriefal

Reaction score
Supply & Advise extra 40% off sale. Includes some Engineered Garments, Post Overalls, RRL, Gitman, Eidos, Unis, Drake's, Tanner & more.
Those "Highrider" jeans from Quality Mending Co look nice. A '60s "505" slim cut in 14-oz Cone selvedge denim, with a nice high rise (~11.75in @ size 31, based on my research). Some other measurements at the following link, for anyone else who might be interested:
http://www.hickorees.com/brand/the-quality-mending-co/product/the-highrider-zipper-fly-raw-selvedge-jeans-hickorees-exclusive

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Those "Highrider" jeans from Quality Mending Co look nice.  A '60s "505" slim cut in 14-oz Cone selvedge denim, with a nice high rise (~11.75in @ size 31, based on my research).  Some other measurements at the following link, for anyone else who might be interested:
http://www.hickorees.com/brand/the-quality-mending-co/product/the-highrider-zipper-fly-raw-selvedge-jeans-hickorees-exclusive

Bah, these look good. Wonder what the thigh is like on the size 32. A modern 505 is too slim, but this is based on the older ones..

skriefal

Reaction score
Sadly, I won't know. I ordered them in size 31 but the order was cancelled. Apparently the web site doesn't reflect true stock levels. At least the cancellation was quick, so the Paypal refund happened right away instead of being stuck in limbo as usually seems to happen.

The high rise with quality selvedge denim was what interested me. There aren't many choices for that.

Last edited:

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Sadly, I won't know.  I ordered them in size 31 but the order was cancelled.  Apparently the web site doesn't reflect true stock levels.  At least the cancellation was quick, so the Paypal refund happened right away instead of being stuck in limbo as usually seems to happen.

The high rise with quality selvedge denim was what interested me.  There aren't many choices for that.

Yea, high rises are amazing. Naked and famous easy guys have a high rise, I was able to get mine for $70 on sale. Few other options in the $125 range.

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sadly, I won't know.  I ordered them in size 31 but the order was cancelled.  Apparently the web site doesn't reflect true stock levels.  At least the cancellation was quick, so the Paypal refund happened right away instead of being stuck in limbo as usually seems to happen.

The high rise with quality selvedge denim was what interested me.  There aren't many choices for that.

Another good option I recently picked up is Rogue Territory Strider. Size 31 has an 11.25 front rise.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score

Yea, high rises are amazing. Naked and famous easy guys have a high rise, I was able to get mine for $70 on sale. Few other options in the $125 range.

How'd you size those (and which did you pick up)? Some listings make it look like they run small; others make it look like they're 'normal' N&F sizing (vanity-sized by one).

DaVinci

Reaction score
If you're looking for Arc'Teryx jackets, LAPoliceGear has 25% off Arc'Teryx LEAF (Law Enforcement and Armed Forces) line. These are nice if you want something more subtle, and that you aren't likely to see anyone else wearing. The Cold WX and Cold WX hoody are great insulated jackets. Gore winstopper and 140g coreloft insulation. A similar mainline arc'teryx jacket is the kappa hoody which is $425. You can get the cold wx jacket and hoody for $200 and $250 right now.

http://www.lapolicegear.com/arcteryx.html

The code is: Arcteryx25

Also, Backcountry has an additional 20% their Arc'teryx jackets that are already on sale. Still good sizes left in many models.

http://www.backcountry.com/rc/take-an-additional-20-off-our-biggest-brands?p=discountPercentUSbcs:[10+TO+*]&nf=1&cmp_id=EM_BC_PDM55025_M1&utm_source=PDM55025&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=BC_2017_Week08_Deal5_Sun

Last edited:

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

How'd you size those (and which did you pick up)? Some listings make it look like they run small; others make it look like they're 'normal' N&F sizing (vanity-sized by one).

I went -2 in waist. So I'm a true 32" waist and went with a size 30. I got the 11oz selvedge stretch. I did a hot wash and tumble dry after getting them, they seem to be stretching back close to raw measurements.

Here's measurements I took -

Last edited:

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite Shorts Length

• Above the knee

• Knee length

• Below the knee

• None of the above

• Mid-thigh ("short shorts")

Results are only viewable after voting.