• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

grizzlygiant

Reaction score
Honestly it's been hit or miss at these cyc design sample/factory sales. Last year was terrible in my opinion, and I wasn't even planned on going this year until I got invited to the F&F night.

I feel getting early access is the best position to be in...you have the best? selection and things are somewhat organized. Things get really messy and I don't have the patience to sift through clothes on tables and boxes that have been thrown around randomly. At the end of last night it was a complete mess in there.

What's the advantage of the last day? It seems like you'd be left with all the leftovers...
I hear they drop everything even more. I'll probably go before then though.

illogic

Reaction score
Honestly it's been hit or miss at these cyc design sample/factory sales. Last year was terrible in my opinion, and I wasn't even planned on going this year until I got invited to the F&F night.

I feel getting early access is the best position to be in...you have the best? selection and things are somewhat organized. Things get really messy and I don't have the patience to sift through clothes on tables and boxes that have been thrown around randomly. At the end of last night it was a complete mess in there.

What's the advantage of the last day? It seems like you'd be left with all the leftover

If you're not looking for anything in particular, they do clear stuff out at some point on the last day. IIRC, last year the last hour was 50% off everything.

I went this morning and it was pretty good, better than last year IMO. They actually had robes, which was what I wanted. I got there about a half hour before opening and waited about 45 mins in total. Lots of sizes but pretty disorganized. Minimal waits to pay.

Last edited:

Hype1234

Reaction score
If you're not looking for anything in particular, they do clear stuff out at some point on the last day. IIRC, last year the last hour was 50% off everything.

I went this morning and it was pretty good, better than last year IMO. They actually had robes, which was what I wanted. I got there about a half hour before opening and waited about 45 mins in total. Lots of sizes but pretty disorganized. Minimal waits to pay.

F&F used to be the best time to go, but not so much anymore. In the past, if something wasn't on the floor during F&F, it was low-key enough for them to take the time to go in the back and find it for you. Now F&F is more like "invite every hypebeast you know that isn't on-shift at Footlocker" and it's jam packed, so they don't do this. They restock stuff every day, and refuse to crack open the fresh boxes to grab sizes (a completely understandable practice).

Having said all of that, I probably wouldn't wait until the very last day unless you're really hoping to get some kind of extra % off deal. By that time they will have exhausted their stock and it will be slim pickings.

withbluejeans

Reaction score
They don't typically go on sale. Best bet is to stalk them here: https://www.mrporter.com/en-us/mens/maison_margiela/replica-suede-and-leather-sneakers/704386?ppv=2

I believe I've seen them get a 20 or 30% mark during Mr.P's seasonal sales.

If you live outside of the EU, I would try buying them from one of the more popular European sites to get the price w/o VAT. I bought a pair here:

https://stoy.com/en/maison-martin-margiela-replica-sneakers-black

note* shipping is $$

Thanks both for getting back to me! I'll keep my eyes open.

CBrown85

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been hitting the CYC sale for years and this was probably one of the best- prices are way up from what they used to be, but there was a lot of awesome stock at the F&F- mind you, I was like, number eight or nine in line at the door and by the time I had grabbed what I thought I wanted, it was nutso.

did notice a lot of stuff with holes in it this year- moreso than previous years.

DaVinci

Reaction score
33% off at dope factory with code:
SINGLEX3

Code works on Stone Island this time around, there are very good prices to be had. Less VAT + the 33%.

Last edited by a moderator:

mischief

Reaction score

[COLOR=202020]SINGLEX3[/COLOR]​

Code works on Stone Island this time around, there are very good prices to be had. Less VAT + the 33%.

How do you get the VAT removed? My total shows tax included.

orfane

Reaction score
SINGLEX3

Doesn't seem to work on common projects, does work on the new margiela season though, which is dope

DaVinci

Reaction score
How do you get the VAT removed? My total shows tax included.

When you select a country outside of the EU as your shipping destination.

Doesn't seem to work on common projects, does work on the new margiela season though, which is dope

It worked on achilles and not chelseas for me. I was hoping they had the desert boots, I've been wanting a pear or two pear of those

mischief

Reaction score

When you select a country outside of the EU as your shipping destination. 

Does it work for you?

I have it as shipping to the US, but tax is still included. I checked my previous purchases, and tax was automatically removed. Site must just be being weird, or their policy has changed?

Last edited:

DaVinci

Reaction score
Does it work for you?

I have it as shipping to the US, but tax is still included. I checked my previous purchases, and tax was automatically removed. Site must just be being weird, or their policy has changed?

It's definitely working. Keep trying, I believe in you.

orfane

Reaction score
Worked for me when I changed the "shipping to" at the top of the screen to the US and the price to USD. Was a little glitchy before that and it wouldn't let me make my country anything out of the EU, even though the top of the page said US. Tried to change everything again and reloaded and it worked.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads