• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To any Chicago members:

The Ragstock on Belmont, by the red line station, is selling brand new Crate James (in dark raw indigo, light raw indigo, raw grey, and raw black) and Sally (dark raw indigo) for a legit price. I think they had 29's, 31's, 33's, and 36's left. To anyone out of town, PM me if you want something proxied.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Re legit price, it depends. On Stylezeitgeist, it's not legit unless it is about as much your month's grocery bill, which, incidentally, works out just right because you weren't planning to eat anyway. On Superfuture, legit is the price for a used pair after 20 "to the tops". On Styleforum, it's the price of the materials. So, for Crate jeans, assuming a very liberal 3.5 yards of denim at an even more liberal $6/yard, that's just under $20.

Of course, in Ghulkan's inflationary world, legit is 150% of retail.

The legit price of Common Projects is always 60% off retail.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Re legit price, it depends. On Stylezeitgeist, it's not legit unless it is about as much your month's grocery bill, which, incidentally, works out just right because you weren't planning to eat anyway. On Superfuture, legit is the price for a used pair after 20 "to the tops". On Styleforum, it's the price of the materials. So, for Crate jeans, assuming a very liberal 3.5 yards of denim at an even more liberal $6/yard, that's just under $20. Of course, in Ghulkan's inflationary world, legit is 150% of retail. The legit price of Common Projects is always 60% off retail.
SZ guys must eat a shitton since their leathers are worth about what I eat in half a year

bakatora

Reaction score

The legit price of Common Projects is always 60% off retail.

any specific places to look for this? i've been looking to cop my first pair but can't find a good price anywhere my size is still in stock. -_-

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bakatora
any specific places to look for this? i've been looking to cop my first pair but can't find a good price anywhere my size is still in stock. -_-

Wow, humor fail.

Really? Well, there are a bunch in the SS section on Yoox right now, especially if you are looking for some old, old, skool styles, including the all suede Achilles and the captoe Achilles, (different from the later captoes and shelltoes.) Prices vary wildly, and don't seem to be consistent by season or by style. For example, 08 perforated achilles are $240, while low top black Achilles are $145.

bakatora

Reaction score
Wow, humor fail.

Really? Well, there are a bunch in the SS section on Yoox right now, especially if you are looking for some old, old, skool styles, including the all suede Achilles and the captoe Achilles, (different from the later captoes and shelltoes.) Prices vary wildly, and don't seem to be consistent by season or by style. For example, 08 perforated achilles are $240, while low top black Achilles are $145.

Haha, humor fail as it may have been, I was hoping to milk you for information on your CP sources. :p It seems rather difficult to find stuff in my size that I like with the online retailers I know about..

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
SZ guys must eat a shitton since their leathers are worth about what I eat in half a year

they may be worth what you eat in half a year, but most definitely try not to pay that much

Originally Posted by bakatora
Haha, humor fail as it may have been, I was hoping to milk you for information on your CP sources. :p It seems rather difficult to find stuff in my size that I like with the online retailers I know about..

i saw a white hobo in a wheelchair today wearing a pair of red suede achilles. oh wait, i think that might have been the concept

feynmix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KaiserSose
How is the remaining inventory?

There is a pretty nice olive APC jacket is size small (too small for me in the sleeves), and a grey Yohji blazer/jacket kinda thing that's pretty cool.

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Attention all big-boned/athletic build/normal build/fat people: Tres Bien Shop is now in Final Sale Mode and while everything in scrawny-hipster kid size is gone, there are still plenty of wonderful pretty things left for you larger folk that I should've bought. So get koppin.

qma

Reaction score
jesus i want that dries valence-jacket. can somebody far far away please cap it so i dont have to think about it any more?

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good stuff. Too bad I'm broke. If the OL brown tweedy jacket was still available I might not have been able to resist, but the lighter version is slightly less rad.

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
t does shipping from tres bien run? i am assuming it is not free right now?

UserName84

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pg600rr
t does shipping from tres bien run? i am assuming it is not free right now?

I paid $25ish to so cal for 2 sweaters last week.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads