Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Official Sales Alert thread - sales, coupon and discount codes

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Jun 22, 2007.

1. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Farfetch has great sales for all sorts of goods right now. Browse carefully, sometimes one boutique has better prices and/or discounts than another for the same item. Norsestore is also great for any number of things. Go for the stuff you really want guys.

2. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

Yeah I was browsing FarFetch and realized they have a lot of nice stuff sans the brokerage fees you probably encounter since it is being shipped from all over the world. I am not one to complain though as I find their prices good.

3. long_knives

long_knives Senior member

Roden Gray carried Barena for S/S12. The fabics were all very lightweight, almost sheer, and all the garments were very cropped and unstructured. I liked it but I thought it was a tad expensive for what it was (or wasn't). You can find a decent selection of Barena on Yoox from time to time.

4. dotcomzzz

dotcomzzz Senior member

There were a couple Barena knits, the ones with the toggles at the collar, that made it to the last cut at tbs. Would have kopped if they weren't cropped. Oh god that rhymed :facepalm:

Last edited: Jan 18, 2013

5. tropics

tropics Senior member

how come? i would have thought green would be perfect with denim. i have a navy fisherman that i don't like wearing with denim, not enough contrast.

6. Hobbs

Hobbs Senior member

It's odd that Barena is rarely mentioned around here. I have a Slanega and Servolo from AW12 - the fabrics, fit and raw edge finishing are superb.

7. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

Maas & Stacks hit 50%. If you missed the Ervell baseball knit on thecorner, they have some at M&S at 50%.

8. long_knives

long_knives Senior member

There are a lot of good brands that go unnoticed. I find Mauro Grifoni to be underrated and rarely mentioned in these parts. Still, there it is every season at the Corner and past seasons can be picked up for a song on Yoox.

9. LA Guy

The jackets are cropped. The jersey version of that piece is slightly cropped (my brown one hits at my belt line, and a navy one actually hits well under the belt line. The cable version of that is definitely not cropped, by any measure. At 5'11" and normal torso proportions, the hem hit at just under my jeans pockets, and I wear my jeans pretty low. I think that it's still around in some places.

Styleforum SW&D is going through a wierd phase right now. People are calling anything that isn't really slouchy, which is nearly exclusively a NYC hipster thing - I don't see in anywhere else, and definitely not in most of Europe, cropped. It's like goth ninja passed through and left this single idea, that all tops should be long enough to cover your balls,

10. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

I ordered several Mauro G. things this year and found most of them to be nothing special. But I kept a couple that I love and I'm just hoping they hold up well, including this. It's got a really nice drape to it.
    [​IMG]

11. cliffrancho

cliffrancho New Member

You have to checkout (through Paypal) and then when you return back to the Sir and Madame page to finalize your order, there'll be the "Enter Code" section. Not the best IA, but that's how it goes.

12. sjmin209

sjmin209 Senior member

A word of caution for all of you folks who had orders partially cancelled by Unionmade: check your refunds very carefully. The refund for the item they didn't ship just posted to my credit card, and they only refunded the purchase price, but not the sales tax they charged on the original order.

13. LA Guy

Tones. The military green has an "ash" tone, and goes well with indigo that has a fair bit of sulfur in it, but otherwise, it doesn't work. Likewise, it doesn't work with indigo with a fair bit of red in the dye, like, say APC jeans, at least, unwashed. Navy can work with denim, you just have to find the right tones. It's not even the shade. It's the tone. A cool off primary doesn't work with a warm off primary.

Cheers,

Fok.

14. jet

jet Persian Bro

hate hate hate hate hate cropped knits and jackets

enjoy showing off dat sexy midriff fok :lol:

15. Yardsale

Yardsale Senior member