Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Official Sales Alert thread - sales, coupon and discount codes

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Jun 22, 2007.

1. patepossu

patepossu Member

I stand corrected. I'm quite sure that in European context the regulations of country of origin are applied in international retail business.

Agree, but in most cases it's just better not to make too big of a number and just file cases like this under "mistakes happen" and get over with it. I don't think returning the wrong item and waiting for a refund can be considered as unbearable inconvenience, more like a standard procedure. Only a few shops can or are willing to offer such excellent service as mrporter.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2013

2. doinitok

doinitok Active Member

Many thanks, LA GUY for the additional information.

Just so it's clear, as I posted earlier, I'm happy to send the items back, as I expressed in an earlier post.

And, while I do not wish to upset an Admin, I was hardly "calling out" a hall monitor. Repeatedly calling someone a "moron" is, sorta by definition, jerk behavior.

I was simply qualifying it as such... ;-)

3. zissou

zissou Senior member

Jesus Christ whatever happened to just doing the right thing and returning something that doesn't belong to you?

4. canstyleace

canstyleace Senior member

Thankfully no, I saw them in store at J+O, studied them for a few minutes, walked away very saddened and confused.

Ask for price adjustment asap.

Yes, those are the same, there were lace ups, those short boots and some taller boots in the collar all in black and that brown.

5. jlcookmd

jlcookmd Active Member

Agree - just do the right thing. Karma's a bitch.

6. DesignerValet

DesignerValet Senior member

I would send it back, but having to a) wait to be reimbursed for the return shipping and b) deal with sending an international package would permanently sour me on the retailer.

7. ipractice

ipractice Senior member

Yeah that's the thing, I know what I have to do its just a little annoying. And I know that for dot-mi, it was just an honest mistake but they probably can't do anything in the form of compensation except getting the correct item to me ASAP (although that may be 2-3 weeks in this case). I would expect more from somewhere like mporter, but a small boutique like dot-mi probably can't afford much more than an apology.

It was depressing though when I opened up my package to see a horribly ugly sweater inside instead of my sns melange fisherman lol.

8. Hype1234

Hype1234 Senior member

This thread is starting to suck. Roden Gray is dropping prices, and common projects are discounted more. use getgray for an extra 10%.

9. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Honestly, in terms of negative publicity vs. positive publicity, it's completely worth it to eat a hundred bucks of shipping, especially in the day of the internet. And you can get a package from Italy in under a week, easily, and not even using the most expensive options. Fedex International Economy will easily do it. I am wearing a Barena sweater/jacket I got from Farfetch that I ordered last Tuesday. It got here this Tuesday.

10. dgonsh

dgonsh Senior member

unionmade cancelled my order for a pair of green Unis gio's. i ordered within an hour of the sale launch. how could their stock already be wrong?! oh well. mf'ers.

11. ipractice

ipractice Senior member

It's probably because they sold it in store before your order made it to the shipping step.

12. dgonsh

dgonsh Senior member

haha, at 2 in the morning? unlikely. just bad communication to their e-commerce. oh well. im not upset. just disappointed as i was really looking forward to them.

13. newinny

newinny Senior member

any la garconne codes?

14. stevent

stevent Senior member

sale launch was Sunday night so if you ordered then plenty of time for the order to sell out in stores. Their website is a joke though, I've never been over 50% for items ordered

15. dgonsh

dgonsh Senior member

time stamp on my order: 2013-01-14 1:29:13 that would be monday morning/sunday night at 1:30 am. 15 mins after it was posted that the sale had started, in this very thread. oh well.