• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

amathew

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh I get it. You baited Mauro with calling his products decent, then said your BMW was decent, thus saying that by decent you actually meant ******* excellent. You shrewd turd, you.

decent

conforming to the recognized standard of propriety, good taste, modesty, etc., asin behavior or speech.​
respectable; worthy: a decent family.
adequate; fair; passable: a decent wage.
kind; obliging; generous: It was very decent of him to lend me his watch.
suitable; appropriate: She did not have a decent coat for the cold winter.

AceBoogie

Reaction score
[/I]
I see three people posting they're now buying something and just you bitching about being called out. 3>1
At least in American Math.
Saying they're going to buy something doesn't actually mean they'll do it.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Slam Jam Shop - Lots of great brands

24 h price reduction (italian timing) on products online and at Slam Jam Store Ferrara – Visvim, Supreme, Bunney, Unif. Experiment X Carhartt, Goti, Super, Incase, Cole Haan and Alden are excluded from the promotion.

akatsuki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

decent

conforming to the recognized standard of propriety, good taste, modesty, etc., asin behavior or speech.
[COLOR=333333]2.
respectable; worthy: a decent family.

adequate; fair; passable: a decent wage.

kind; obliging; generous: It was very decent of him to lend me his watch.

suitable; appropriate: She did not have a decent coat for the cold winter.

[/COLOR]
And yet you ignore the entirety of context which would indicate that definition 3 would be the most likely interpretation. I am not sure that Mauro is the ass here.

Alphataru

Reaction score
Can we keep this bickering somewhere else? Maybe in the WvG thread?

It's ******* thanksgiving, and black friday sales are popping up, it's ******* annoying to see genuine sale announcements be flooded by bullshit.

lemmywinks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

And yet you ignore the entirety of context which would indicate that definition 3 would be the most likely interpretation. I am not sure that Mauro is the ass here.

Considering that something close to 90% of the clothing we see out in the wild is complete trash in terms of fit and quality, i'd interpret decent as the second interpretation. Yes. Allen Edmonds makes good shoes that are better than anything you will find at Clarks/Florsheim/other mainstream shoe brands. But compared to some shell cordovan Aldens? Vass? Lobb? etc., But the Allen Edmonds are still a great product, but in the grand scheme of the whole shoe hierarchy they are merely 'decent.' Similar with the BMW... A BMW 3 series is much better than most of the **** you see out in public but is actually right at the bottom of the BMW product line.

I guess what Mauro is trying to say is that his shirts are top notch and if WvG only classifies as 'decent' then whoever said it was decent has no idea what a good shirt is?

Anyway Mauro keep doing what you do. I don't know how appropriate the last couple posts were but in some ways it is admirable that you are willing to represent your brand with this no-frills no-bullshit attitude. WvG prices are still too steep for me even with the sale but I hope you have many shirts purchased over black friday or whatever.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I know it's been posted a few times, and I really, really, really hate people who self promote, but ... if anyone doesn't know, Jesse, Kiyoshi, and I are keeping a running tab on BF sales. So this page is continually updated as we learn about stuff throughout the day. Feel like the last two times the page was mentioned, it wasn't stated that it was continually updated ...

Also, Present London is apparently doing a leftover sale. Nov. 29-Dec. 1st. Up to 90% off retail prices. In-store purchases only though.

Last edited:

Somar

Reaction score
@amathew

Very clever to consult a dictionary but decent sounds more downgrading than you probably realize. If we would hold a survey among people and ask them what they think DECENT is, you would probably get another answer.

Shown them this $425 cashmere waffle and tell them how it's made... Ask again: ''Do you think this is decent?'' They'll probably ask you whats wrong with you and tell you that it looks and sounds more like TOP QUALITY!

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Actually the one series is, but not like lil old lemmy can afford either anyway.

Great post mauro, if anyone says they wouldn't buy anything bc of that they're the annoying ***** ass customers retailers ******* hate anyway.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads