Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Official Sales Alert thread - sales, coupon and discount codes

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Jun 22, 2007.

1. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

For toteholders.

2. APK

APK Senior member

Every time I see that affiliate thread I'm reminded that I basically spent $75 three years ago for something to carry packages in when I go to the post office. :facepalm:

3. andrewgreg

andrewgreg Senior member

namor you should wait for PnB out of business sale

4. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Last edited: Nov 22, 2012

5. Toganpro

Toganpro Member

6. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Ssense model is 6 ft 1
    Model measurements: Chest 35" Shoulder 18.5" Waist 30" Hip 37"

The fuck?

7. APK

APK Senior member

- Outright telling someone not to give you their business because you aren't sure if the clothes will fit you is bold, if not poor strategy for a mom and pop type of operation.
    - Sizing questions are, unfortunately, part of the territory when you make your living selling clothing. It doesn't matter how readily available the answers to these questions are. New potential customers will (you hope) continue to bubble up. With that will come questions that have probably been answered before. I'm sure it's frustrating, but again, that's stuff pretty much every small clothing retailer deals with. And nice guy or not, Mauro doesn't exactly have a sterling track record with consistent sizing, so he should probably be a little more patient with these types of questions.
    - The tote holder program is a fine concept, but Mauro has kind of conditioned his customer base to expect discounts and sales. The levels of discounts is not rocket science, but it does muddy the waters a bit. Don't want people asking inane questions about stacking codes? Don't price your entire inventory in a way that accounts for a discount or steep sales. When you give a small subsection of buyers (e.g. tote holders) a discount concurrent with a discount code for everyone else, you have to anticipate that at least a couple of people are going to wonder if they can stack these discounts. I don't agree with the mentality, but again, that's the double-edged sword of conditioning your customers to expect never to pay retail on your stock.

8. zissou

zissou Senior member

PK, you are trying to rationalize part of the universe that will never be explained. That is classic, VLSI. I thought that post was from three years ago.

9. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

oh my god I paid $75 for that tote? I think I blocked out that part of my life but thanks for reminding me, asshole

10. Teger

Teger Senior member

mauro comes off as a dick, but wvg price/quality ratio is probably unbeatable.

11. APK

APK Senior member

I don't venture into the affiliate thread very often out of fear of what I will step in on the e-floor while the circle jerk is in progress. However, when I have taken a peek, I've assessed that Mauro is likely a great guy in real life; the type of fella who rewards loyalty and would gladly roast a pig for you and make you a fancy drink while you wait. A lot of that translates over to his online form, but stuff like VLSI quoted reminds me of how I used to think Mauro would be better off letting someone else be the online mouthpiece for his brand.

To be fair, it was a worthy purchase if you bought even an item or two from Farinelli's. I guess it still is if you buy WvG stuff. Some of the oxford shirts have interested me, but I can't really get jazzed about plaid shirts or stripey sweaters anymore.

12. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

PK, the part where I called that the best post wasn't a sincere endorsement.

For shirts on sale, I agree (especially in the more interesting fabrics). Haven't ventured into anything else.

13. Alphataru

Alphataru Senior member

Out of all the affiliates, and owners who frequently participate in the forum, Mike is probably the most informative, whereas Mauro is the funniest. I think Mauro's sassiness is part of the charm.

14. Teger

Teger Senior member

you should get a sweater. awesome fit, quality is amazing and super warm. i'm wearing mine like 2x a week.

15. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Boxercise Toughguy

He must work out