• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bala555

Reaction score
Son of a ***** I missed the blue/green plaid Gitman shirt for the third time now.

mymil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
are you going to report me to the authorities for removing the tag off my mattress?

YES. DONE.

...even though it's perfectly legal to remove those tags after you've purchased the mattress. It's only unlwaful pre-sale.

jacket

Reaction score
finally snagged a gitman... though I agree, prices have been steadily climbing. May have to do with the regular price of gitman's though, the new stock is all msrp 200, while the old stuff was around 160 if I remember correctly

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
It's not 200 for the normal cloth, solid color shirts. Only the more interesting fabrics and designs.

lemmywinks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
**** ME I'VE ALWAYS WANTED THIS SHIRT

917%2Bb2FdTjL._SY576_CR0,0,430,576_.jpg

Anyone know where I can kop come regular white Vans authentics for cheap? Which sites (that sell Vans) are notorious for having coupon codes?

Reaction score
Fair warning: GV from myhabit in the past has some of its stock mixed with GV Sisters. The tags do not show this difference. The only way you'll find out is when looking at the cut & actually trying it on.

malikadog

Reaction score
Yeah I got one of the blue/green plaid shirts a few sales back, all stoked that I managed to snag one, and when I tried it on it was like a babies shirt! Couldn't even get through the arm holes!

Fair warning: GV from myhabit in the past has some of its stock mixed with GV Sisters. The tags do not show this difference. The only way you'll find out is when looking at the cut & actually trying it on.

Regg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah I got one of the blue/green plaid shirts a few sales back, all stoked that I managed to snag one, and when I tried it on it was like a babies shirt! Couldn't even get through the arm holes!

Ah ****, I bought an xs a couple months ago and it was tiny, so I just bought a different shirt this time around in small, probably is gonna be too big...

Dingusberry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The OCBD shirts are TTS, but the shirts that are made in interesting fabrics or plaided are usually Gitman Sisters.

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
while I know that they have shipped sisters shirts, saying "but the shirts that are made in interesting fabrics or plaided are usually Gitman Sisters." is incorrect. I would only be concerned if you bought the dark green/blue plaid. That is one of the common shirts they made for both men and women, and i think some sisters slipped into the guys shirts by accident. just dont want people to be scared they're getting a sisters in the mail from myhabit when odds are you wont.

unrelated to that, but i feel that gitman smalls the past couple seasons have been measuring smaller than they have in the past. in the chest, length, arm length, etc. I can no longer wear most of their smalls (in things outside of the oxford. tho, even the oxfords are inconsistently sized). Now kind of stuck in between a S and M, with a small being just slightly too small (pulling at the chest, too short in the body, and too short in the arms -- and I am not tall, and have kind of short arms to begin with). And a medium fitting too big. Hope they're tending to the "problem" (if they perceive it as a problem

for anyone in the same boat as me..... the portugese flannels this season fit pretty relaxed in a good way, and also the hopsack plaids. Everything else new i've tried has fit shrunken

Reaction score
This discussion should probably go in the GV thread, but I agree with slack tide on this one. Not all of the plaids are sisters (hit and miss). And I've stopped buying GV smalls due to them shrinking over time. My oldest GV shirts are noticeably roomier than current cuts of the same size.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics