• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

noahsark1295

Reaction score
it's not that it is expensive...its just expensive for what you are getting. I saw a Burberry trench if that is up your alley, it was heavily discounted i think 799 from 1299.

noahsark1295

Reaction score
it's not that it is expensive...its just expensive for what you are getting. I saw a Burberry trench if that is up your alley, it was heavily discounted i think 799 from 1299.

shrinestyle

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Shrine is offering 30% of MONITALY ties and bowties. The ties retail at $100.00 USD and the bowties at $75.00 USD. If you are interested please contact us via personal message, email us at [email protected], or give us a call at 312.675.2105.

Last edited:

xander_horst

Reaction score
Steven Alan has 30% additional off sale items with SUMMER30. Lots of great non-Steven stuff for sale.

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Steven Alan has 30% additional off sale items with SUMMER30. Lots of great non-Steven stuff for sale.

thanks

Anyone know how those svennson oxford lace ups fit? i know the sneakers are the same as CP's, but never heard anything on these....

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone do packaging better than Mr. Porter? I feel guilty returning things, they're packaged so beautifully.

kaws N effect

Reaction score
lol.

Part of the reason behind packaging so well is to compensate for their expensive products.

Last edited:

wurlwyde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not really. Dappered has a good roundup, and I would single out the Red Wing 8196 Round Toe Boot if you're up for a pair of boots.

Haha those pants that they highlight at the end are seriously hideous. I was there today, doing some work for them. It's crazy how much you see guys dropping, literally a pile of clothes that must cost a few g's and the guys look average at best (style wise...too big polo paired with too big shorts and terrible shoes).

Last edited:

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

lol. 

Part of the reason behind packaging so well is to compensate for their expensive products.

That is true. I got everything on sale, so wasn't thinking straight when I posted that. I paid next to nothing and still got the full boat in packaging - they even threw in a Mr. Porter branded suit bag and another bag for free! But if I'd paid retail, you're right - I wouldn't be so surprised.

Last edited:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The corner can be hit or miss. Usually somewhere in between Mr. Porter and Yoox

3dials

Reaction score

That is true. I got everything on sale, so wasn't thinking straight when I posted that. I paid next to nothing and still got the full boat in packaging - they even threw in a Mr. Porter branded suit bag and another bag for free! But if I'd paid retail, you're right - I wouldn't be so surprised.

I love Mr. Porter's packaging too. There's something about getting a white suit bag with a personalized placard with your name on it that just instantly cements something as "yours". It does tend to make things harder to return from a psychological angle. :)

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
I'm gonna be the voice of dissent here and say that I don't like the packaging. It's a huge waste of resources, and what does it matter how it's packaged as long as it gets there in one piece?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
^same here

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads