Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Official Sales Alert thread - sales, coupon and discount codes

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Jun 22, 2007.

1. kgfan5

kgfan5 Senior member

not sure if they still do but riccardi's used to have a fair selection of balmains and dh. never been inside stel's but maybe I'll stop by this weekend to see if there's anything worthwhile.

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I like Jon and Tina. I'll have to ask them what the deal was. You have to remember that when they opened, internet shopping (which they never really got), was nascent, and stores like Odin were just starting out. There was a hole in the Boston market for something between "street" stuff, and stuff at Louis or Alan Bilzerian. They also always had a terrible location, in a wierd part of Newbury Street. However, it's been more than half a decade, and both the digital and physical market has changed. It's a tough business, and these days, you have to be more than just someone with a decent eye and good customer service. You really have to differentiate, have a decent online strategy, really be one up on the competition in at least one aspect.

ON Newbury Street, there is Alan Bilzerian, which is tremendous, and Riccardi, which has its own Eurotrendy/trashy charm. Then there is the Boyleston Trading Company, which has stuff like SNS Herning, Master Piece,and LVC, and if you are into more "street" things, Bodega, which carries, among other things, Headporter, Yuketen, and White Mountaineering. There are a lot of tucked away stores with one or two things as well.

3. APK

APK Senior member

I'm amazed a lot of the boutiques are still able to make a go of it unless they're offering in-house products. You have a vendor like Epaulet that stocks several brands, but relies on its in-house products to do the heavy lifting. With online shopping being second nature to a lot of people now, it just seems unfeasible that anyone can expect to do more than cling on for dear life when they're only offering stuff like APC and W+H.

4. jet

jet Persian Bro

Fok is good at uncovering all the hidden spots.

Holy fuck there's a place called condom world? Shit I'd probably go there over stel's too.

5. meso

meso Senior member

Agreed, small shops like Epaulet, W&G and Taylor Stitch seem to be a reasonable model if you have a cult following.
    Small runs with interesting fabrics and flattering cuts to drive demand.
    Epaulet also is doing really well and is a leader in that space.
    I'm not sure how much product they are moving but it's obviously enough to justify pretty large runs & multiple physical locations.

6. APK

APK Senior member

Epaulet is just kind of that fuzzy, feel-good American Dream type of success story. Opened its doors right as the recession went into full swing, sold low-ticket odds and ends (e.g. ninja star magnets) just to keep sales moving, released some small-batch in-house shirting, and pretty much parlayed that into what you see today. It sounds hollow, but it really couldn't happen to a nicer guy than Mike. He's been extraordinarily gracious the two times I've met him and he remains humble despite his growing success. He's also expressed his relief that the in-house stuff occupies most of the shelf space, because there would be some really lean times if they were relying on sales of APC jeans to keep the business rolling.

7. poly800rock

poly800rock Senior member

What's crazy is that they were offering apc's back in 04 before the giant selvege boom. I always loved that store. Boston pretty much blows anyhow for copping.

8. pronxs

pronxs Senior member

In celebration of Father's Day, Killspencer is offering a very rare 15% off all orders with coupon code FATHERS2012, expiring June 17th.

this is really nice

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 14, 2012

9. 89andy

89andy Senior member

anyone know if Barney's will have more cuts soon? Eyeing a patrik ervell jacket that's currently at 40% off haha. Hoping for more before I cop.

10. jthan09

jthan09 Senior member

Barney's at up to 60% right now. Just received the email this morning.

11. Regg

Regg Senior member

Does any of the clothing get to 60%? I see a few shoes but I can't tell if any clothing got marked down further, at least none of the things I had on my list

12. ts18

ts18 Senior member

Anyone bought stuff from end clothing to Canada before and got taxed?
    Thanks

13. PipersSon

PipersSon Senior member

Any coupon codes for Context Clothing?

Thanks, gents.

14. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

Barney's further drops - one pair of shoes I was eyeing sold out in my size :fu:

Called in and located 2 pairs in-store

Kopped with swiftness
    [COLOR=FF00AA]
    Excellent
    [/COLOR]

Last edited: Jun 14, 2012

15. endless402

endless402 Senior member

their standard shipping is DHL so you will get taxed

if you ask for royal mail (for small items), you have a less chance of getting taxed