• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mulansauce

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This past week I have gotten several "mystery" coupons for banana republic and gap outlets. They are worth anywhere from $5 to $500, but you won't know just how much until they are scanned at the register. I have heard of this before and thought it was a lame trick. But given that I actually contemplated going to Gap to see just how much my coupon was worth, I suppose it is a fairly ingenious way of increasing traffic. Then again, I can't think of what I would get with 500 Gap dollars, so I have no plans of showing up. Nice try though.

spreadcollar

Reaction score
i swung by this afternoon. some really awesome deals, but only a few racks of stuff, and not a lot of small sizes (noticed a lot of 52/54 margiela, dries, etc.). changing for guys is a pain. probably not worth a special trip anymore. supposedly a lot of it got picked yesterday? got an amazing dries blue cotton blazer for $200 (from $1600). new spring stuff upstairs looked beautiful. if anyone grabbed one of the plain white dries shirts in 48 and don't need it, please PM me.
Originally Posted by amirrorcrackd
I swung by. It seemed to be mostly the stuff that seems to be sticking around that basement sale every time around. There was some alright stuff, but if you've been before and didn't find anything, most likely not worth going back. I'm a size S or 46 and I don't think I saw a single item in my size. Nothing smaller than a 48. There was a lot of Veronique Branquino, some MMM, some Dries, some Anne D, some CDG, some Y's, a little bit of Peachoo and Krejberg, and a few Tim Hamilton pieces. Shoes were terribly ugly. Nothing in the way of accessories. I only looked in the basement as I strolled in 15 minutes before closing. There may have been sale (though not clearance) merchandise upstairs, but I did not look. It was disappointing... Dan

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mulansauce
This past week I have gotten several "mystery" coupons for banana republic and gap outlets. They are worth anywhere from $5 to $500, but you won't know just how much until they are scanned at the register. I have heard of this before and thought it was a lame trick. But given that I actually contemplated going to Gap to see just how much my coupon was worth, I suppose it is a fairly ingenious way of increasing traffic. Then again, I can't think of what I would get with 500 Gap dollars, so I have no plans of showing up. Nice try though.

Erhm... flip them?

On MySpace, they always have banner ads for something like "Win a $5000 gift certificate to Hot Topic!" Couldn't you basically buy the entire store for $500?

DrArmstrong

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tagutcow
Erhm... flip them?
_.png

On MySpace, they always have banner ads for something like "Win a $5000 gift certificate to Hot Topic!" Couldn't you basically buy the entire store for $500?

I love winning those gift cards! Just gotta hit the target or whatever. Works everytime.
laugh.gif

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lots of NiCo cashmere at 70% off at Bastille (801-456-0330)

yokodevereaux

Reaction score
I don't know what we've done to deserve it, but when your karma's so good you can completely re-outfit your wardrobe for just a scant few bills, chances are you've been good as Gandhi.

Either that, or it's time again for the twice-yearly Yoko Devereaux twenty dollar sale!

Select items are $20 and everything else is up to 75% off. New merchandise is arriving s o o n.

Check it out...

http://www.yokodevereaux.com/collection/38

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
GimmeShoes has Jil sander shoes on deep sale. Go get'em.

amirrorcrackd

Reaction score
Anybody know if MMM and/or Jeffrey in NY still have any sale merchandise left?

Thanks,
Dan

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's one Margiela brown riders jacket sz 50 on the sale rack at Bloomingdales Friendship Heights. No tag, so I dunno the price, but the rack says 40% off the discount price. Any low-rent ballers wanna give it a shot?

There's some other random Margiela shirts, hickey, bastian, and barrett stuff there, too. Nothing special.

spreadcollar

Reaction score
pretty sure jeffrey did not still have any sales merchandise as of at least 2 weeks ago. probably no sales at MMM, but i'm not sure.

Originally Posted by amirrorcrackd
Anybody know if MMM and/or Jeffrey in NY still have any sale merchandise left?

Thanks,
Dan

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Patrik Ervell sample sale this weekend

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads